Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the setup up and running after changing over to the mag, just need to tighten up the wiring and where everything runs in the engine bay. What are the do's and dont's on the wiring side. Which wires are sensitive to location? I am getting some RPM spikes while cranking.

Both heads grounded together
Heads grounded to the coil which is grounded to the chassis
all grounds are at the same bolt, ground runs to the battery
the coil/mag to points box and crank trigger are all very close.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Run another ground from the chassis to the heads not just the coil, keep the crank trigger wiring away from the mag as weall as any other un sheilded ecu wiring.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Run another ground from the chassis to the heads not just the coil, keep the crank trigger wiring away from the mag as weall as any other un sheilded ecu wiring.
I've got the battery grounded to the chassis near the motor
ground between the chassis and the coil
coil has the jumper lead
coil grounded to the head
both heads tied together

Can I tie the coil wire to the mag wires and isolote them from the ecu wires?

What I dont understand is before it idled at 4.5:1, with only changing the mag, now its 3.9:1.

·
Registered
49,496 Posts
I've got the battery grounded to the chassis near the motor
ground between the chassis and the coil
coil has the jumper lead
coil grounded to the head
both heads tied together

Can I tie the coil wire to the mag wires and isolote them from the ecu wires?

What I dont understand is before it idled at 4.5:1, with only changing the mag, now its 3.9:1.
could be ckp noise, or it could be your doing a better job burning fuel

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Wouldn't burning more fuel make it leaner not richer Collins? Faster burn=leaner...correct?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The 02 sensor reads un burned 02, only. if the 02 ir reading richer, with no other changes, you are burning more 02. There is less remaining 02 in the mixture, or exhaust. This is a good thing. It is not uncommon to have the need to take fuel out of a tuneup when switching over to a mag.

·
Registered
49,496 Posts
The 02 sensor reads un burned 02, only. if the 02 ir reading richer, with no other changes, you are burning more 02. There is less remaining 02 in the mixture, or exhaust. This is a good thing. It is not uncommon to have the need to take fuel out of a tuneup when switching over to a mag.
winner winner chicken dinner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts