Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Austin Tx and looking for someone to do some work on my block.....called Reher but the said they didnt have the lifter bore jig for a raised cam, standard bore center, 10.2 block?
Didnt think I needed anything special..lol...not a new setup just a freshen and change in lifter bore size. Donovan block: new cam bearings, clean up bore and hone, resize lifter bores, etc...
Recommendation?

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
sounds like you have a .400" raised cam / 10.200 deck block with the lifters in original spacing.

concerning about the lifter bores,
Donovan can do it..

or
I can do it.

but both of us are in southern california.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ordinary builder, you are correct that is my set up.
R347GT, it suprised me too.....I think it is the combo of raised cam and stock lifter position, when I asked they said(dont remember how answered the phone at Reher....) Its not one of those raised cam deals is it?...LOL When I said yes they said they didnt have the jig ....had hope that I would not have to send it to Cali. ....Think I will give Mr. Nasier a call ....If anyone else has a suggestion.....post away......

Thanks
Robert Abbate

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
called naiser....they can't do it....
as of now .......it looks like the block may be going for a little trip

·
Registered
866 Posts
Call Arrow Machine in Brenham --- dont know for sure if they can do it but its alot closer then Houston and the quality of work is good as well

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
you have to find someone that has a BHJ type plate / alignment system

a tobin arp align bore machine for cam bearing tunnels.

not all "cnc" type machines are actually capable of doing the job accurately.

as stated,
donovan can do all/ anything that they actually made themself.

and you know also ,...who else.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts