Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me the heads up on this place. I'm thinkin' about hoppin' up my '98 S 10 for my wife to race. This came up first when I googled 4.3 super/turbocharged.

·
YB REPO_MAN
3,539 Posts
I've heard alot of bad news about.......check out sicgmtrucks.com and go under the s-10 section, or s10forum.com or s-seriesforum.com<---this one, everyone on there swears by MACH PERFORMANCE.........what would you like to do to the truck....how fast would you like to go..???... vortech, powerdyne and winjammer all make superchargers for the second gen 4.3's ....Mach performance is the only one to make a bolt on turbo kit......heard he stopped last year, dont know if he still does............theres alot of nitrous kits for the 4.3 also........shouldnt be hard to get it into the 13's or even 12's with either some spray or boost....keep in mind that the 4.3 is a 350 minus 2 cyls........Ive got a 2001 blazer with a few bolt ons and got it to drop 1 full second in the quarter.......the 4.3 is a a fun engine.....VERY RELIABLE...ive got over 100k miles on mine...and 99,500+ are hard miles..!!!
if you want hit me up at [email protected] and ill tell you what I did to my blazer that helped the most..
KIRK

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Kirk, This deal will be a learning curve for both Sha' and I. You're right on target.....high 12's is what we're lookin at to start with. I was thinkin' turbo because I don't know very much about them outside of a 3406 CAT :shock:
Also, Sha' wants to keep the 5 speed...(I can't talk her into an automatic on anything she wants to drive) unless you all correct me. forced induction will allow us to keep this arrangement. This truck needs to STAY streetable. I need it to haul around parts for our www.Aposi-tive.com project.
One more thing, the turbo will hush the bogus sounding exhaust that comes from a v-6 (does anyone remember Henninger's Camaro with that v6 on n2o? fast but noisy)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts