Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,
Which is better M1 OR M5?
I have only ran the M1, tried M3 joke no change,did some reading about M5 and "they" say its alittle faster mph/et,also more consistent et's,and it has alittle nitro in it.
Jetting change?
Pros/cons?
After we test sat and race sun,this will be my next project.
I hope the info everyone gave me is dead on and this will be next as to get deadly consistent(if its worth it)lol. Sooooooooooo?
Thanks Ray

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
If you scroll down to the VP fuel section of YB you will see hundreds of posts on this very subject with no real answers other than it will pick up the ET's. Simple put nitro in any motor and it will run better for a while. I have not made up my mind on which way to go either M1 or M5. Some say there are jetting changes that need to be made others say no changes at all. Some say it needs to be fatter while others say leaner. Most liked M5 some didn't. I am getting a late start to the season so I will probably run M1. Maybe try M5 next year to see what happens.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
There is no nitro in it.

Sean
Actually both the MSDS and label on the drum say it contains Nitroparrifins.
Now if you ever tipped the bottle you will know that when you mix methanol with nitro and run it too lean on idle you will get this wild squeeking noise out your exhaust like you have a ball bearing running dry, M5 will do the same thing.
Still think there is no nitro in it?

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Ray, you will find that myself and a number of others on YB are huge fans of M5.
My suggestion before you switch is to do yourself a favor and get your base tune up on plain methanol down solid. Once you get that sorted out trying some M5 is a piece of cake.
BTW forget M3 with MFI thats not going to buy you anything.

·
Satans Daddy
15,493 Posts
from what i have learned,up until 30-33 % you lean the motor,at 30-33% the tuneup is suppose to be the same as m1 whether it is 30,30.5,31,32,32.5% and so on is different with each combo.and after that magic percentage and higher the tuneup goes fatter at a very rapid rate

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
from what i have learned,up until 30-33 % you lean the motor,at 30-33% the tuneup is suppose to be the same as m1 whether it is 30,30.5,31,32,32.5% and so on is different with each combo.and after that magic percentage and higher the tuneup goes fatter at a very rapid rate
If M5 strickly had nitro in it those rule would follow but VP added a few other goodies in to deal with nitro being harder to light and liking more timing.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Paul you are correct. VP spec sheets for M5 says nitroparrifins added. Everything I read I also would agree with you about getting base tuneup on M1 first then try M5.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys,
I have my 572 running great now with a 76 main 39 nozzles what would the change be from m1 to m5?
How much more nozzle/main?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Ok sit down because this is going to be the hardest thing you will ever need to do with MFI. :p
If you are comfortable that your M1 tune up is good:
1.drain the tank
2. pour the M5 in
3. Fatten your barrel valve 1 flat (starting point).
4. Don't touch the timing
5. Don't touch the nozzles
6. Decrease your main by-pass pill 0.004 as a baseline starting point. You have 76's go to 72 or a tad smaller.
7. Push it outside the garage or trailer (unless you want to cry)
8. fire that bad boy up
9. let the motor get up to temp then adjust the barrel valve for instant throttle response.
10. once you get to the track, change a few plugs after you warm the motor up, make a pass, read the plugs and adjust the main pill as you normally would with M1.
11. report back

see I told you it was going to be hard, look at that 11 steps.....:cool:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Do nothing but pour the M5 in and see what happens to your rpm's at idle...lmao.....oh...and your eyes:smt088

Stuff is wicked!

·
Registered
710 Posts
droppin my 638 into my new dragster tomorrow night, cant wait to drop the hammer on it, it was pretty stout on the dyno. i love clearing the crowd away from the line when i romp on the eye watering pedal with m5:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts