Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been racing for 20 years 10 or so in10.5. can anybody tell me the right way to stretch a tire. m/t has always told me to air up the tire to stretch it .but it never stays .bill you out here? your there r/d guy :confused:. I JUST GOT A SET AND THEY ARE A 1/2 OUT! WTF :cool::smt097

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Dave , 15-20 psi and leave it out in the sun . flip it about every 30 minutes or so.
It took me about all day to grow a ta/fc hoosier 34.5 17x16
1/2 of an inch .

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
First and foremost, I do not work at M/T so this is only my experience, and none of the people at M/T are responsable!! First, let the big tire flat and leave it flat until ready to use, and to stretch, I put 40lbs. in the small tire, and then beat the tread while rolling the tire, with a big big hammer, if it is out 1/2 then let it sit for awhile?? No real info on time, this would be best if done before running, and then run right away, when letting air out of tire being stretched, do not let it flat, let it down near the pressure being run and then measure/ run. Good luck, always works for me, BG

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx but I've tryed that before. the tire just won't stay. and I was told that you can only do this to a new tire?:smt100

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First and foremost, I do not work at M/T so this is only my experience, and none of the people at M/T are responsable!! First, let the big tire flat and leave it flat until ready to use, and to stretch, I put 40lbs. in the small tire, and then beat the tread while rolling the tire, with a big big hammer, if it is out 1/2 then let it sit for awhile?? No real info on time, this would be best if done before running, and then run right away, when letting air out of tire being stretched, do not let it flat, let it down near the pressure being run and then measure/ run. Good luck, always works for me, BG
thanx dude I new that if you were out here I would get some new advice.I will try It. I didn't mean to imply that you worked for them. just now you are a big fan of the tire :cool:

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I just did a set of 29.5x10.5's....Jegs claimed they don't need to send them out matched on that small of a tire....BS. Mine were 3/4" off. Put 40# in the small one and let it sit in the sun for about an hour. Got them within an 1/8th. First burnout should 'set' the tire.

Craig

·
Registered
13,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did a set of 29.5x10.5's....Jegs claimed they don't need to send them out matched on that small of a tire....BS. Mine were 3/4" off. Put 40# in the small one and let it sit in the sun for about an hour. Got them within an 1/8th. First burnout should 'set' the tire.

Craig
COOL I'm glad it worked for you ! mine are 1/2 out .and I carry the tire's about 50 feet. so that shit will hurt me! :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts