Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the new Mickey Thompson Pro-5 Wheels for my car the other day. These things are really nice and true as can be. The only issue is they didn't make a beadlock in a 15" wheel. So I contacted Tommy Kirk of Mac Fab Performance & Beadlocks to put a set on. Tommy and I got talking and I told him I didn't want a beadlock that is like the basic rings and he was glad to hear that. So he did a set of R&D rings for my wheels and they came out great. The new design is about 40% lighter in weight then the basic set if you do the inner and outer rings. He will be polishing them up tomorrow and sending them out to DMC Racing to get fitted onto the car.

If you want to get a set done I suggest contacting Tommy @ Mac Fab Beadlocks. He did a killer job, fast and was great to work with. A real first class shop.

Shop Info:
http://beadlockconversions.com/html/beadlock_conversions_6.html

Check them out.

·
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! How much for the conversions?
He charges $750 to do a basic set and roughly $950 for this light weight set and that is for inner and outer rings. If you just wanted the front done it would be a lot less.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
12" wheel??

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thoses are very nice!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Just got a set of these as well. Best wheel i have ever seen for wheel screws. They laid out a pattern on the back side, and the shoulder is thick and flat. Nice job MT.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice looking beadlocks

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Just got a set of these as well. Best wheel i have ever seen for wheel screws. They laid out a pattern on the back side, and the shoulder is thick and flat. Nice job MT.
That looks great Jon!

Now it makes sence why you were selling your old wheels.

Todd

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks Todd. Need for a little less back spacing for lower control arm clearance got me looking around. Went from 5 7/8 to 5 1/2 and picked up additional 1/4" with different control arm bushings.

·
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are a few pictures of the wheels being done and the process of getting the rings on the rims.

New M/T Pro 5

It started as a 14 wide x 6-1/2 back space and I wanted a 12-1/2 x 5 back space.

So here is a picture of the wheel getting cut.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Stock bead rings cut off and now the rim is the correct size.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Here is with a ring just placed on it.

As you can see the wheel needs a cut out for the bolt.

So the next step was to take the ring off and run a end mill down on the wheel to open it up a little.

Now it was all ready to set into place

·
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok guy's here is the last group of pictures.

Welding the ring on

Think he welded before!

All polished up and done

Well I hope this help some people better understan what goes into putting a ring on a wheel. In most cases you can't just cut it off and weld a new one on. Mac Fab does some killer work and the stuff that he does is top notch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts