Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to this site, so far looks great. My question is I'm running E.T. Streets on the back and M/T bias ply tires on the front. I was thinking of going to a set of M/T drag radial. Has anybody ran them with bias plys on the front and what have been the results. I have heard that this my be dangerous. My fronts are like brand new,I will switch if it is a safty issue

thanks, kwik66

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
TRICK_5_0 said:
Its not recommended to run bias and radial together. The radials also weigh a lot more and I wouldnt say they work better either.
Is this speculation, rumor, or experience talking?

I've been running radial rear tires for several years now, all with bias ply M/T Sportsman street fronts.

NO handling issues what so ever...Wolfe anti-roll bar on the rear makes the car handle like a Cadillac.

Also, many times the radials DO work every bit as good if not better...quicker reaction times, quicker 60's, less rolling resistance, quicker ET's. There's only two down sides I see...slightly less consistent on marginal tracks...when they spin, they really spin, and a slight increase in engine rpm at the finsish line as they do not grow at speed.

Ask the NHRA/IHRA Stockers and they will tell you most radial slicks are worth .08 to a bit over a tenth quicker than a bias slick...drag radial DOT's are very similar in design & function to a radial slick, but are offered in a greater variety of sizes.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Ialso run the radial rear with a sportsman front with a A.R.T anit roll bar and i.ve had the best 60 ft ever with the radial, drives great the car handles soooo much better know than when I had slicks on it !!!!!! :-D

{ p.s. the pict in my avatar is on radails!}

·
Registered
58 Posts
DOTracer said:
[quotequote] Is this speculation, rumor, or experience talking?

Ive ran the radial bias mix myself with no problems. I thought it was illegal to run a bias ply and radial on the same car. Thats what I was reffering to. So if you dont drive on the street , hell you can put three radials and 1 bias if you feel like it :smt005

1 - 6 of 6 Posts