Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
20,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive already tested a car with them and they worked great for us. I know a good amount of the dragster boys are going over to them. Who all here runs them on a door car?

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
We tried the original Bubba (12¾" wide) with a 107" runout. Results were quite mixed over a full season. Worked well on a very tight track but not so much on a looser track. I could dead hook it & get sub 1 second 60' but had a tendency to run away if you got good wheelspeed. We went to Hoosier 34.5's and life was good ever since.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive got the new 3191 on my stuff. Got about 40 runs on them and theyre great. Very consistent. Not sure how many runs I can get out of them tho. Any ideas? Car is 2450lbs and goes 7.70's and the occasional 4.70

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am also curious about the 3191W, I am thinking of putting a set on my car. just worried about what kind of life I can expect out of them. Have they been faster than the say 33.5x17 stuff?
thanks

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I am also curious about the 3191W, I am thinking of putting a set on my car. just worried about what kind of life I can expect out of them. Have they been faster than the say 33.5x17 stuff?
thanks
I wouldn't go with the 3191w on a fast door car, its a softer compound version of the the 3190w. I think the 3190w would be a better choice. I have the 3190w on my dragster running 6.90-7.0, approaching 200 runs on them and absolutely deadly consistent still.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
We tried the original Bubba (12¾" wide) with a 107" runout. Results were quite mixed over a full season. Worked well on a very tight track but not so much on a looser track. I could dead hook it & get sub 1 second 60' but had a tendency to run away if you got good wheelspeed. We went to Hoosier 34.5's and life was good ever since.

Hoosier 34.5 FTW

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I don't know about the door cars , but I like the 3186 M/T on our dragster , works great on any track, and at 106 runs as of this last wkd , still winning races and going .986 -.990 60's …when these wear out I might be tempted to try the big bubba tire …. but have seen mixed results on other dragsters on really hot tracks so far ...

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I don't know about the door cars , but I like the 3186 M/T on our dragster , works great on any track, and at 106 runs as of this last wkd , still winning races and going .986 -.990 60's …when these wear out I might be tempted to try the big bubba tire …. but have seen mixed results on other dragsters on really hot tracks so far ...
I wouldn't change a damn thing if I were as bad ass as you guys are right now ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Qkdragster - I think your recent performance is due to the fact you took that POS LITHIUM battery out of the car. ;) OK maybe not but I'm sticking to it - lol.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Qkdragster - I think your recent performance is due to the fact you took that POS LITHIUM battery out of the car. ;) OK maybe not but I'm sticking to it - lol.
I don't know why your hating on the Lithium-Pro battery all the time.. A quick 600 dollars to refurbish and replace to a bigger unit after one season and I'm back in Business ... :smt113

·
Registered
397 Posts
Never mentioned a company but I guess you want to throw the one you mentioned under the bus. Nice that after you spent 1500 the very next year they only charged you 600 to exchange to a bigger unit. Would not be happy with a deal like like - but in your case their products and themselves would be considered POS's to me :butthead:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm with young buck there. The 3186's have done me good. I only know of a few successful 4link dragsters in cooler weather. Most of the hard-tail guys I know have been blistering them after 10 hits. For now I'm not convinced that's the tire for me ..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Never mentioned a company but I guess you want to throw the one you mentioned under the bus. Nice that after you spent 1500 the very next year they only charged you 600 to exchange to a bigger unit. Would not be happy with a deal like like - but in your case their products and themselves would be considered POS's to me :butthead:

LMAO I'm with you. Once it's done I won't be back for another round. Just hope it doesn't go up in smoke !! Get your Butt to Columbus next month ..:p :p :p

·
Registered
397 Posts
Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days - LOL

in all seriousness glad you have had good luck.

and lets just say 180 degrees on your service, battery life and support. Have alot of people with same. That is with the company I didn't mention - real POS chinese product.

For what it's worth we've been using LithiumPros batteries for several years with nothing but good service, battery life, & customer support.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I ran the 3195 tire last weekend on a very hot track with no complaints. ........very pleased with the results ...............

·
Registered
768 Posts
:cool:We've been running the little bubbas (13 1/2 inch) for 3 seasons now. So far they have worked great at every track we've been to(many differant ones, good and bad) and worked great at all track temps. The 60fts are from .901 to around .930 almost every pass:D (of course this is on a slip joint dragster) we're tryed the big bubbas too, they seem to work almost to good:eek: great tires

1 - 20 of 20 Posts