Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using 29.5x10.5 stiff walls* For years. I purchased a set in July of last year, I always buy 1-2 sets per season. I went to the track several times with my new combo witch was put in the car around the time I got my slicks in august last year, Everytime I went to the track I was unable to make a full pass because I was getting a weird body roll/wobble, I thought it couldve been the added weight I put in the front end. This happened as early as the 330 and sometimes as late as the 1000 foot mark. After 4 trips to the track trying different things to solve the problem, I brought the car to my chassis guy and he seemed to think it was the chassis being weak up front since I had no "J" bars in the car. We decided to 25.5 in moly since the cage was m/s anyway. I thought for sure my problem would be gone the next time I went racing in spring 2011... I went to atco to make my license passes and the problem was still there. I couldnt even finish my last license passes. I said I think its time for new tires since these sat all winter (in my heated garage) they were still a year old and I like going out there with new slicks.... I decided to go with Hoosiers this time around since the Mickeys seem like they go away too quick and I had almost nothing else to blame the problem on at this point, I put the tires on and went racing the following weekend to again try to solve this wobble thing. 1st pass with the new tires completely no wobble!!! I almost couldnt believe it, but made 5 more back to back passes with no problem.
I contacted a guy named Jermey Farmer (warrenty dept) at M/T in ohio and he told me to send the tires in for inspection but I had to go through my dealer where I bought the tires witch was S-K speed in Rockville Centre N.Y.
The staff at S-K were very helpfull in the matter and quickly got the tires out (around mid august). I have since made 2 calls back to S-K and I was told they would get back to me and never did. I spend thousands there a year.... I want to be compensated for the tires either in new tires or store credit. I have spent endless amounts of money trying to fix the problem that these tires caused. Mickey thompson said that they would get riembursed when its all said and done by them..... Am I wrong?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I will touch base with Jeremy to see if we have recieved them for inspection. Have you tried calling here?

I would like to ask you a few questions.

Were the tires balanced? If so, how?
Are you running tubes?
Are you screwing the tires to the wheel?

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jayson, You can call me to talk if its easier.. I tried calling Jermey to make sure he recieved the tires and he kind of blew me off and told me to contact the dealer. I never balance the rear slicks, No tubes, The tires are screwed to the rim using the template from jegs. My phone number is 516-522-1075 and you can get more info about the car in the trash or be trashed section.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
We got with the wholesaler and they have the tires. They should be returned here within a week.

I will say, we do recommend balancing, specifically, bubble balancing. That may have lead to what you were experiencing. Regardless, we will inspect the tires when they come back.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I did through them on a balancer to make sure there were no weird wobble in the tire/rim (witch there werrent) They were not actually balanced though. So they are still at the vendor, unreal!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts