Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what the recommended PSI is, and how much burnout should be done on them. Ran them for the first time last weekend, did small burnouts, and ran them at about 20 psi. These are on a 12 sec. car. They hooked pretty well last weekend, but just curious to know what everyone else is doing, and what the factory recommendations are. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
16 PSI, good burnout was hands down the best when I ran the 255/60-15.

Here is a video, I'm the '85 GT....

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
i ran mine @ 15 p.s.i .... best 60ft time was a 1.55 , 3000lb 63 nova best pas on a 125 shot was 11.08 @ 118 ....... best motor pass was 11.55 @ 110 ..... i know there is something wrong with my set up with those numbers :smt102

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ran the car again this weekend, with 20 PSI, car hooked like velcro all weekend!!! 60 ft's were lazy, but the DA was in the 7K ft. range, no fucking air what so ever!! Mountains are pretty to look at, but aren't good for racing!! :p

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Thanks for the kind words....

I can't relate to that horrible air (or lack of it)...but I know a buddy of mine was thrilled to have 3000' air in AZ this weekend. All I could think was "WTF? You're thrilled with 3000' air???"

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you're a 12 second car than over 20psi if the track allows. I've seen nines with those tires on turbo, n/a, and nitrous corvettes. All cut 1.3x 60' times at 18+ psi. I would do small burnouts too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
FWIW my best 60 ft with basically no burnout was a 1.41 with a bad suspension setup at 20psi. I could not put full boost into it till about 60-65mph. Car went a 9.41 @ 149mph at 3450-3500lbs. Once I got it out of first gear I could put full power into it. 1.3's wouldn't be a problem for me now with a better suspension. I would like to see how fast I can run with them. I thinks 8's won't be a problem. It's funny cause people see a small tire and don't give it a second thought till the front wheel(s) come off the ground lol. Hope to see an 8sec pass next year. :)

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words....

I can't relate to that horrible air (or lack of it)...but I know a buddy of mine was thrilled to have 3000' air in AZ this weekend. All I could think was "WTF? You're thrilled with 3000' air???"
3K ft. air is a fucking dream for us!! The track I ran at this weekend is at 4200 ft. Another one we race at sometimes is at 5K ft!!!

Another one of our tracks is at about 3300 ft, and have seen close to 10K ft. DA there before!! :smt103

On those days it's better to leave the car in the trailer, and just stand around a drink beer!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
fwiw ........ it also depends on track prep too , im switching to 27x10.5x15 et streets because they prep the track i run at differently than they would for a " bigger event "

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Cody, click on the YouTube link at the bottom of my sig and watch the four videos I have there. You will get a good idea of the type of burnout these tires like. It isn't much. I run my 255s at 17psi cold or 18psi hot. 1.32 60' times on a track that barely had any prep, on a hot August day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts