Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some of the threads on here. Would like to here anyones experience with them. Im looking to use one in an single Dominator set-up with their designed sheer plate. 430+ci Tall deck.

I tought that Chris U. used one(?) and I thought a few others.

But any experience is appreciated.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
I want one for my motor one day. They are damm sexy!

·
Registered
812 Posts
There was a thread I had started about that intake. It did not perform as well as it was expected to. I think the guys were saying that the single plane dominator intake made more power overall. Maybe somebody had more luck with it lately. There was a A/M sbm guy who was going to run the Milan class. Not sure what happened to him. If he could chim in he had a set up with that intake.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Distribution problems with a single carb setup was the last info I found on these intakes. I would suggest spending your money on a custom sheet metal intake for the little difference in price there would be in the finished product.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
The mopar 7420 is the only way to go...when done properly it will support 420" and 1025hp.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jeff, I saw most of the threads on here and elsewhere. But most are from early 2011...
Chris U. might have used one, I thought...

From what they have told me, that the "New" sheer plate has fixed alot of problems with distribution issues. I totally understand by the look's of the runner lay-out, it seem suited for an Dual carb set-up.

But was hoping more than a few have been used.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
I want to run one with dual 4150's. That should solve the distribution problems and also look great.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
Here are a couple shots I took at SGMP last year.

Dual split dominators top above. I am unsure why this one has a base cast in as a single piece when all the other ones I have see are for a two piece intake set up.

Raw casting. From my conversation with the representative, I can mill the top to reduce plenum volume if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.