Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have results from the new M&M cast tunnel ram intake manifolds? Good, bad, fair? There was a thread on here a while ago but not much info. Any new builds coming up with this intake? The dodge build I'm aware of. Looking at the 15/18 degree intake in the single dominator setup. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I would also like to hear how this setup is working. I am looking at the SBC runner setup to possibly go on some Allpro heads.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It was the thread I started. Not much info. I don't know if Chris uratchko ever dyno'd his motor with that intake or not. Love to hear more. Matbe the guys from m&m should come join the bullet and tell us some info. The.y might sell a lot more of them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
just off the dyno with mine and my single plane intake made 17 more HP over my M&M tunnel ram with single carb.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Really:confused:??? Any ideas on why the single plane intake worked out better for you?
Doesn't really sound to shocking to me.

I've never seen any of the m&m casting in person (only in pictures) but look at the design.
The Base looks to be designed for 2 carbs not 1.
Appears to have alot of runner length in it. (very simular to what you would find in the single plane)
A SB2 motor that would benefit from a tunnel ram design vs a properly prepped single plane manifold would be the same motor that would see enough rpm to require a lot shorter runner then what looks to be in that design, in my opinion. (By properly prepped, I mean that would probably involve a bandsaw and tig welder depending on the application). Not trying to bash thier stuff just trying to give a possible explaination for the dyno results.

Infact I had this conversation last week with a customer that wanted me to build a SB2 single 4 sheetmetal. I told him that I thought we could do better with a highly manipulated single 4 barrel casting. As a result of that conversation I am now actually considering making my own SB2 casting designed for larger CID motors.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Jeff, I think it's something to consider if it's for your street engine. I'll agree with John, the runner is long. I looked on over at EXPO, the quality is excellent. However, not sure about it working out well on a drag type engine. They appeared to be around a 6" long runner.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Jeff, I think it's something to consider if it's for your street engine. I'll agree with John, the runner is long. I looked on over at EXPO, the quality is excellent. However, not sure about it working out well on a drag type engine. They appeared to be around a 6" long runner.
I agree I was going to buy one for my wegde heads but was told in order to make it work for my combo that it would have to be done like John was talking about and would end up with way to much money in it!!!!

Seems like all of their manifolds have a really long runner!!!!

I am not bashing their product I just dont feel like they have one for my combo without a ton of work involved so sheetmetal it is!!!!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I dont know any details about his motor , i am just talking about general applications and about using a 1 carb lid on a design meant for 2 carbs , ESPECIALLY with the port layout of the SB2 head.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Heres one for a 18/15/13 degree wedge head Chad/John how long do you think the runner is on this, Looks to me like 4.5 to 5 inches and it maybe ok for a less rpm engine!!!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
As a result of that conversation I am now actually considering making my own SB2 casting designed for larger CID motors.

Got my attention! I actually saw one on ebay, may have been modified but looked to have longer runners than the standard SB2 castings. Wish I had jumped on it. I have a 2962 with a Dominator adaptor and a 691 modified for a Dominator. I actually think the 2962 will end up with more HP than the 691 I did for the engine, even though it has matching runner positions for the 9.5" deck with spacers ported from a new casting. I will find out soon when it goes back on the dyno. And it is a 461 CI that made peak HP at 7100 with the 2962. The new cam might help it come up a little but I think the runners need to be a bit longer than what is available as cast, something in the order of 6". And why I did not go to the M&M t-ram for mine.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Chad, the SB2 version had a max of around 4.5" according to M&M.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I am now actually considering making my own SB2 casting designed for larger CID motors.
Got my attention too,,, John if you did could you make it to where it split ?

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Doesn't really sound to shocking to me.

I've never seen any of the m&m casting in person (only in pictures) but look at the design.
The Base looks to be designed for 2 carbs not 1.
Appears to have alot of runner length in it. (very simular to what you would find in the single plane)
A SB2 motor that would benefit from a tunnel ram design vs a properly prepped single plane manifold would be the same motor that would see enough rpm to require a lot shorter runner then what looks to be in that design, in my opinion. (By properly prepped, I mean that would probably involve a bandsaw and tig welder depending on the application). Not trying to bash thier stuff just trying to give a possible explaination for the dyno results.

Infact I had this conversation last week with a customer that wanted me to build a SB2 single 4 sheetmetal. I told him that I thought we could do better with a highly manipulated single 4 barrel casting. As a result of that conversation I am now actually considering making my own SB2 casting designed for larger CID motors.
i would love to see what it looked like after a trip thru your shop , i,m still in aaaaaaaaaahhhhh over the OLDS intake you sliced diced and welded up , simple amazing

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Got my attention too,,, John if you did could you make it to where it split ?

I would never do one that didnt!!!!!

If i can get some interest in it i will do it. The design is diff than all others and should be bad ass for larger CID with some RPM that want to use 1 carb.

You can expect to see several new castings from Marcella Manifolds this year!:cool:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would never do one that didnt!!!!!

If i can get some interest in it i will do it. The design is diff than all others and should be bad ass for larger CID with some RPM that want to use 1 carb.

You can expect to see several new castings from Marcella Manifolds this year!:cool:
John any "castings" for a blue thunder head or a neal head for the ford small block coming out? Looking for a cast tunnel ram for those 2 heads vs a fabricated piece.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts