Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can u take an LT1 buy the carburated intake and put a regular distributor in it? the question im really askin is, is this pretty simple to do?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes it can be done easily. In fact I am doing one now that is a carb conversion. If you buy the actual intake that they make for it, it is really easy. Only drawback to it is that it is for mild performance with the dual plane spread bore configuration.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Its nothing more then a sbc just has an extra gear for the water pump, a crazy oil pump drive made out of a piece of composite, and a distributer under the water pump.

But change the intake, put a distributor and carb on it. You dont even have to but the GMPP dual plane intake. You can buy a sbc intake and have the bolt holes redrilled in the intake or heads.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Yeah and the conversions on SBC intakes and heads I'm pretty sure Dennis and I have the records on those... so if you need something let me know. When I was cleaning up from the flood that just went thru the shop I found my thermostat housing box which had about 30 of them I've cut off of mostly Super Vics.

A LT1 is just a 1 piece rear seal motor with a different cooling system.... they make for pretty killer little motors.

Bret

1 - 6 of 6 Posts