Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
all right guys . i'm looking to build a 454 LSX carb setup on it N.A for my copo camaro i would like to make not less than 850hp so what heads to choose ?? BR7 BRODIX ?? MAST..?? ALLPRO ?? also i would like to fit the LSX-DR intake on it ... what is the best heads choice ??:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
The LSX-DR intake isn't very good......End runner trajectories are terrible & they don't run well upstairs. DR heads aren't very great either.

I made 860 HP (895 HP with inertia) with stock LS7 heads that were re-ported by Greg Good. Intake was an out of the box Holley Hi-Ram.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Both heads are discontinued c5r and Lsx DR... conversation was the STR 8 heads. They run 1399.oo small bore to 1499.oo for the big bore. Any heads from any factory manufacturer will need further work to get the most out of them. CID intake with modded flanges would be best with the STR. Again over kill for 850, yet more room for improvement later if desired.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Darin Morgan is now with Mast Motorsports, go Texas! Chris Frank has his stuff, GG has CID stuff. Don't forget Slick Rick.

Texas owns the LS world....let's not mention builders.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Your punk ass has always got some smart wise crack to say. You couldn't answer not 1 ? Listed. As you use junk used parts and really don't know anyone. Known Hater.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Your not asking much for 850 hp out of 454 inches, but theres alot more to it than just heads/cam. Need to get in touch with a quality engine builder and do the project top to bottom....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
What some don't get is the fact that I have Shit done... FED Ls3 heads valve train copied from ER racing..of which lme couldn't get right with Cash and time over 6 months. Call to Greg done in 1 wks time. What else does a person need to know or the Fact that Darin did me a custom ls7....naw I don't touch the stuff just know the guys to Create shit. My 2 $ in the game.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ls3 top end Dyno'ed with SAM or Zach's(EMC winner) Dyno @ the new shop...shooting 4 next month ....as this needs to be Wrapped up, got a Ls7 head package to get to. Trending idea is to ask Eric/ ER to match it all up with TLC and set it up...

You do know he's a 2x winner @ the REC ✓✓✓
LMAO! Cry now, Laughing later now in effect

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You make my head hurt dude. We dont care that you bought heads from someone that knows how to assemble an engine. What have YOU put together, turned the key on, and ran in the top of its comparable pile? I wish you would just post link to the engine builder you thought was the best and cut all the other non-sense out

You just regurgitate words heard from elsewhere and paste countless hyperlinks, its scary that people might actually listen to you.

You can tell this is Rowdy Yates version2 screen name by the rambling and grammar from a mile away

first post Feb 2017

Rowdys last post Dec 2016

TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER: There are better ways to go than the LSX 454R its actually pretty lame for a motor that big with those heads.

If it were me, Id consider a sleeved 5.3 block, can do one 450-460 inches and make that or more power with factory style manifold on it even. If you wanted to run a good single plane or something like Hi-Ram etc could make good bit more

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
No matter how you try to cut the sandwich it still has to be cut. I deal with a better class of people to even care what u think of or believe. On the heads what I said still holds True and said as Fact... With other options.

Dumb ass I come in parts ready for assembly and all looks great call these guys ask..

For Zach @ https://tafindustries.com/?fbclid=IwAR0UnZnyVxSnnxQg8q9uGdFMQu8QT06kLKYUfiTExZagvmmIV-CYlivYa4U... bullshit ass wanna be builder on all Forum's asking ? ...yeah MF check out the Avatar and the Name...need to LLC my shit... Ask the young man how's Paco's 408 coming along bitch boy. figure on just what I've did and done alone tops U. If you call Johnson lifter ask 4 the Bushed hydraulic lifter... asked for it & 7 months later there you have it ..yrs ago btw, for any and everbody. I may not be rich but I get shit done. On my time line. And a 408 is ahh Coming

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Ok so I dont understand anything you were babbling about yet again, except for you havent been involved with any engines worth talking about yet although youve made thousands of posts telling people what to do. But sometime in the future (2021?) your going to have a 408. And youve named it Fentanyl, after the thing that usually only kills its user and no one else. Got it.

Wish you the best.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
wish the mods banned multi account people who are bad influences on the new guys to the forum that dont know theyre retarded

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The 2 posting 1 of which is generally asking questions ... Why not answer or post with some help....give some or any type of reference on a head for a 850 454ls combo. Seems simple enough. Or how you would go about it.
Rather simple blueprint dependant on rpm and compression, Overlap for a DD or more track USAGE.

If u don't understand ask Zach about the 408 ...my minimum goal 1st time out with ls3 heads is + 750 ...e85.

Enjoying beautiful Connecticut... Smoke a joint and Relax, Little buddy.

Its better to help than to be a sarcastic MF'er without a Answer! I'm happy with no Worries.. got good people on SD for anything needed.

Look what Jesus did..from the Movie TED.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts