Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a Diamond piston we custom spec'd for plenty of nitrous. LSX tall deck block.
Minus any coating or anodizing its tough as you can make them.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Not bad. Gas ports? What do the valve reliefs look like? They don't look like they have forced pin oiling......do they? Wrist pin size?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad. Gas ports? What do the valve reliefs look like? They don't look like they have forced pin oiling......do they? Wrist pin size?
Its going to be driven on the street, and using a 1.5/1.5/3.0 rings, didn't see the need for gas ports.

If it was .043" rings we run gas ports.

.927 pin, .185" wall H-13 pin.

These pistons have forced pin oilers.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
You do realize there is only .016" difference in thickness between 1.5mm and .043" right? For street and heavy nitrous use, I run lateral gas ports. They aren't prone to clogging this way and the customers still have the benefits. However, that opens a whole new can of worms of gas port discussion so it's neither here nor there. On the same note, your definition of "plenty of nitrous" and mine could be entirely different also. :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do realize there is only .016" difference in thickness between 1.5mm and .043" right?
Correct, 40% thicker.

On the same note, your definition of "plenty of nitrous" and mine could be entirely different also. :D
We run 3 or 4 stages on our 10.5 car :drinkers:

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
The last company I built engines for ran all of about .2 slower than you, on 275 Drag Radials and on only two kits. I don't understand your point.

If you'd like to enter discussion/comparison of the 4 stage kit car..............it run's 4.teen's in the 1/8. Again, I don't understand your point.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The last company I built engines for ran all of about .2 slower than you, on 275 Drag Radials and on only two kits. I don't understand your point.
We don't run drag radial, whats YOUR point?

Did I ever question what you are or have run?:smt102

You questioned if our perception of nitrous was inline, I said we've run 'up to' 4 stages
in a car that goes [email protected]; So yes, we've built motors for nitrous, gone 6s, broke them,
tore them apart and rebuilt them.
Does that meet your criteria? Or does our 2,700lbs scrap need to go 3's to be validated, by you?

·
Registered
885 Posts
pin sure is high up on the piston for a tall deck must have huge stroke or way huge rod. do you like the fsr design for the street over normal round design?, i no fsr make great power but just always had me worried with skirt support/ring control on a street motor they also use such short pins.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pin sure is high up on the piston for a tall deck must have huge stroke or way huge rod. do you like the fsr design for the street over normal round design?, i no fsr make great power but just always had me worried with skirt support/ring control on a street motor they also use such short pins.
Its not a "big" stroke IMO, 4.250", 6.300" rod, 1.250" CH

FSR should have good clearance on the counterweights, main reason went with them.
Final product is lighter, then a profiled side piston.

Haven't had issue with FSR pistons and ring control.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Fraser, the only reason I'm giving you senseless BS is because this thread actually, kinda sorta, belongs elsewhere. It doesn't quite qualify for the "products" thread and doesn't fit into the "builds" thread (yet). It's kinda like showcasing but then it's just a piston.......made by other. The thread more or less just falls into place as advertising. It falls into some of those gray area's in the rules. I didn't move the thread because for what little time you have been here on YB, you have been giving little tid bits of tech help here and there and I find it admirable.

Keep us updated on the build............it sounds like it should be a killer piece. By all means share your builds and tech info. We are interested in seeing and hearing about it all. Let's just try to keep the free advertising plugs where they belong. Besides, any build, showcasing, or tech info you give is free advertising for you without even trying.:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Its going to be driven on the street, and using a 1.5/1.5/3.0 rings, didn't see the need for gas ports.

If it was .043" rings we run gas ports.

.927 pin, .185" wall H-13 pin.

These pistons have forced pin oilers.
how many grams do those pistons weight? it's a nice piece for sure.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Those pistons look pretty stout ! That's a huge second land for sure. The skirts actually look quite long so I am sure it's plenty stable. I like the Diamond FSRs as well on blocks with good cylinder walls and the FSR is a nice stiff design although the pins are very short. Saying that we haven't had really bad wear with them on big power adders anyway.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice combo.
Looks like 450 + cu. in. What cylinder heads are you using?
461ci, looking to go with TEA/TFS 265cc heads with a small solid roller cam. Customer already has cathedral port intake.

We may end up engine dynoing this setup, I'll update the thread if that happens.

how many grams do those pistons weight?
498 grams

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Glad you like the product Fraser !!! Keep me posted on how the build goes !

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you like the product Fraser !!! Keep me posted on how the build goes !
Rods came in, GRP 2000 series, fit like a glove :)

let ya know how it goes. 1695 grams for the bobweights, this thing should rip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts