Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are doing a LSX swap into a foxbody mustang. Clearly stock manifolds aren't working. What headers are everyone using to do this other than the $600 headers.
Will F-body headers work?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one knows what headers will work with one of these magical super easy LS swaps that every body's "dad's, uncles cousin's, friend" did for cheap?

I ran out of magical uni-corn dust....
FordSux:

·
Registered
917 Posts
I know if you put a LS in a jet boat that had a small ford in it, they just drill the LS bolt pattern in it. The bore center is only .020 different. Kinda like old school BBC 4.840 on a BBF 4.900 we would just cut the solid flange in between each port. The width of the band saw was enough. If it works for the jet boat guys I don't see why it wouldn't work with tubular headers in a car.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*UPDATE* We got a set of Headman Mid length swap headers and they would not even come close to clearing the UPR motor mounts. Sooooo we tried a set of 2010 Camaro manifolds and they fit. They are tight by the steering shaft but they fit.

·
Registered
832 Posts
*UPDATE* We got a set of Headman Mid length swap headers and they would not even come close to clearing the UPR motor mounts. Sooooo we tried a set of 2010 Camaro manifolds and they fit. They are tight by the steering shaft but they fit.
The Headmans were probably designed around the AJE K member setup instead of a conventional fox engine mounts.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
What K member do you have? I hear the upr conversion mounts are for a 4.6 k member not a 5.0, They sit way different. Wondering if the coyote k member is the same as a 4.6?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What K member do you have? I hear the upr conversion mounts are for a 4.6 k member not a 5.0, They sit way different. Wondering if the coyote k member is the same as a 4.6?

We are using the 4.6 k member.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts