Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always ran big blocks just wanted some info on lsx stuff like are there aftermarket aluminum blocks out there or aftermarket heads, cranks and ect. also how big can you go with these setups and is 2500 plus hp possible with boost. really interested in this setup how extreme can you go with the lsx stuff,

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Haha!

That was so last year!

Shawn has some great stuff though!

·
Puttin'er in the beams!
1,336 Posts
I always ran big blocks just wanted some info on lsx stuff like are there aftermarket aluminum blocks out there or aftermarket heads, cranks and ect. also how big can you go with these setups and is 2500 plus hp possible with boost. really interested in this setup how extreme can you go with the lsx stuff,
There are guys out there making 2500HP with factory aluminum blocks, and making them live all season long. Check out ERL Performance, and their Superdeck blocks. Pretty trick stuff.. Adds two head bolts per cylinder, so you can really keep the heads down with high cylinder pressure. Guys have been 200MPH with LS2 blocks. Hell, Wormboy and the LMR crew went 209MPH last season on radials with twin 88s.

Just do some research, the aftermarket is booming right now with parts for these things.

·
Registered
124 Posts
All sorts of options. RHS sells a block thats traditional SBC shortblock that is made for LSx heads, world sells an aluminum block, ERP does sleeves in stock blocks (running their superdeck system, you can get 500ci), or run the iron GM LSx block. The Mozes canted valve heads flow 400+cfm, ported LS7's can get close to 400cfm, C5R's are about the same.... point I'm trying to make is, you have enough options for every aspect that you can build one within a pretty reasonable budget... Think about it like this, the LS platform has now been around for around 14 years.. lots of development time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts