Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea what kind of power the crank and rods from an LSX454 crate engine can handle?

Both are 4340 Forged Steel
Crank PN = 19170391
Rods PN = 19166964

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Anyone have any idea what kind of power the crank and rods from an LSX454 crate engine can handle?

Both are 4340 Forged Steel
Crank PN = 19170391
Rods PN = 19166964

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

depends,what are you trying to do with it.n/a supercharger,turbo,n2o.What kind of rpm range.all of this makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depends,what are you trying to do with it.n/a supercharger,turbo,n2o.What kind of rpm range.all of this makes a difference.
I want to drop the compression to about 8.5:1, change the cam to one of your turbo grinds, and then throw lots of boost at it with a single turbo, keeping the rpm limit to 6500....I just wanted to know the limits or if I should build a better one from scratch. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
that engine is really not going to be happy with boost.The pistons are too short to get a good ring land in +the bores are pretty big,this will lead to head gasket issues.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that engine is really not going to be happy with boost.The pistons are too short to get a good ring land in +the bores are pretty big,this will lead to head gasket issues.
Thanks for your feedback...I'l build one from scratch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts