Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm an engineering grad student and I'm trying to do a small cfd project on cylinder head ports and really want to model the LS7 cylinder head. I'm wondering if any of you guys have access to cad drawings or blueprints and wouldn't mind providing me with dimensions for the stock intake port, so I can model it myself. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Head Phuckstick
18,687 Posts
Cactus coming right up.

Shannon

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts

·
1,568 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]I found a cad that my interest you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike Swann- Will do, thanks for the heads up.

turbosb2- I didn't understand this at first, but I think I'm supposed to sit on it, correct? Plus I'm looking for dimensions, that cactus cad drawing doesn't have dimensions. :smt082

I should have seen this coming, I'm going to have to work for an answer aren't I? Do I need to show some skin or something?

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
Only if your female, then show your tits. Otherwise sit on the cactus.

That said, I highly doubt you will get anyone to give up their CAD drawings of an LS7 port.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I've spent a fair amount of time on pirate4x4 and the same thing happens. I know a lot of time and money goes into producing 3d models of cylinder head ports and I didn't think I could just walk in off the street and start demanding stuff, but you don't get anywhere unless you ask. I have access to some small block ford heads that I will probably have to model instead, I was just hoping to do a little more research on the ls7. So if anyone is willing to give any helpful dimensions, I'll take them, if not, then I'll just take the beating. Next time I'll make sure to cut my underwear first before I get the wedgie!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If you are an engineering student try pm'ing Curtis Boggs, he's a member here - cboggs. He may have a model he'd share and has a fair bit of cfd experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts