Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What would I pick up by going from a Victor JR no spacer With a HP 950 on e85 to a super victor with a dominator?
Race weight 3000lbs, 418 with 12.9 compression, LL solid roller 260/276 700 lift, glide 5500 stall, 4.56 rear gear. Heads are trick flow genx 255's by TEA. First time out 9.50'[email protected] 139 on 7800 limiter last 100ft. I'm assuming the JR and HP950 are restricting it a bit. Would like to hear some input. I was thinking of EFI throttle body with a super victor no spacer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds pretty much like what I have just with a 408 and not as much Compression with Ls3 heads(Cam specs are honestly the same). The carb does better Overall and the Super Vic will extend the Rpm range with Less TQ. Spacer should always be used with Either Carb or T/b it general makes more hp. I think the Vic Jr is the better overall intake. If you go past 7500 then the Super Vic looks better. Just me, keep the TQ your not spinning that high. Check out what Mike Jones spec'ed me the other day for small bore ls7 heads 280/290 @ .050 with.763 lift on a 116 lsa. It had 2 more degrees on both sides but after finding out that the compression wouldn't be over 15 to 1 but around 14:5:1 so took 2 degrees out. A few would like me to have more lift but....No thanks. I like happy springs.

Oh yeah BTW nice run.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
What would I pick up by going from a Victor JR no spacer With a HP 950 on e85 to a super victor with a dominator?
Race weight 3000lbs, 418 with 12.9 compression, LL solid roller 260/276 700 lift, glide 5500 stall, 4.56 rear gear. Heads are trick flow genx 255's by TEA. First time out 9.50'[email protected] 139 on 7800 limiter last 100ft. I'm assuming the JR and HP950 are restricting it a bit. Would like to hear some input. I was thinking of EFI throttle body with a super victor no spacer.
The data I have seen shows that the L92 Super Vic starts to make more power than the L92 Vic Jr. at about 5500-6000 RPM on a 400" engine.

On Dart's 440" 8000 RPM test engine, A SuperVic with a 1150 CFM 4500 made about 20 horsepower more than an L92 Vic Jr with a 1200 CFM Lil' Bo 4150 in the 760 horsepower range.

However, most guys I have seen that run 400" engines in your RPM range have not gone faster with the Super Vic.

As for the carburetor, my 400" LS went a little more than 1 tenth and 1 MPH faster in a back to back test between a Holley HP 950 with 1 3/8" venturis switching to a Holley 1000 CFM 4150 main body with 1.55" venturis.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bored so I decided to go by the shop and talk to J about nothing. Was looking around and seen what appeared to be a pair of Ls3 heads so I asked who's are those? He said there mine. I asked who did the port work? Was told Top Secret. I replied what the Fuck. We started laughing and shit and joking around. J has a 69 Camaro that looks more like a show car than a race car yet very much able to pass Texas state laws for the street. He said it's going to be a Simple 416 H/Roller 10:5 compression with around 600 hp and a nice hit to make a easy 1ooo @ the flywheel. My only thinking was to ask why are going from a Big block that has all the bells and whistles to a small block. Reply was just wanted to have something to do. LOL!!!!! He use to be part of Nicken's back in the day.

·
Gigity
3,145 Posts
Nice combo, seems to be running well too

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice combo, seems to be running well too
Thanks, I think I made up my mind. Im gonna put a super victor with a 1200 throttle body on it and let it breath. I feel its not using all the cylinder head with the JR and small hp 950. I'll report back in the spring to let everyone know if it picked up.

·
Gigity
3,145 Posts
Thanks, I think I made up my mind. Im gonna put a super victor with a 1200 throttle body on it and let it breath. I feel its not using all the cylinder head with the JR and small hp 950. I'll report back in the spring to let everyone know if it picked up.
I wouldn't be afraid to turn the limiter up on that thing either, I'm sure the solid roller will have no trouble running out the back door

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I wouldn't be afraid to turn the limiter up on that thing either, I'm sure the solid roller will have no trouble running out the back door
Yea I was shifting it at 7800 and it was still pulling good so I think I'll let it run out the back to 8000 or so. It has a decent cam so I think peak power should be up in the rpm range. heres avideo it doesnt even sound like its working hard.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Dont put anything less than a 4500 tb on it. Accufab is what I have used. I would also look at the Mast intake it will make more power than a super vic.

Tim

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
The accufab tb is only 2 or 2.25" tall. The 4150 will hold it back as much as the jr did. I would do what ever you can to make the mast fit. Once you see one you will see why.

Tim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kurt and Tim you both are correct.....but one cost too damn much $1500 vs around 800. CID for the win. I'd hate to see that beautiful car with a a Cowl hood.
Not saying money is a problem but you get the point. Holley ram is also a good choice if hood clearance wasn't a problem with a Even Straighter (air and fuel) shot than anything listed for better RPM capability and Easier porting. Whether Carb. or T/b.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.