Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the holidays I pulled the LS1 out of the Mustang and put a cam only LS3 in it. The motor is 100% stock other than a cam from 21st Century Muscle in Dallas.

The car is a coupe Mustang, Cam only LS3, Stock intake, 85mm TB, 4L60e transmission with Yank Converter and 373 gears.

In December I went an 11.53 with a cam/Intake LS1. Friday I will be going back to HRP to see how much improvement I made.

This is a full Interior street car with 17" wheels, not a gutted coupe.

Flaco did the tune on it today and this is the results.

Here is a picture of the car for those that don't know it. I have a different set of wheels on it now.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a nice strong combo you have going on there.
good luck at the track!
Thats, I'm very happy with it. It drive like a stock Mustang until you start getting into it. The tuner tried to do a street tune and he said between 40-60MPH was was killing the tires. I don't run Dragradials but it looks like I'm going to have to get some soon. For the track I just use slicks.

·
Infrequent Flyer
2,059 Posts
Nice car....have always loves the notches...put an LS engine in and rock and roll!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I would love to have that motor in my car.

I just picked up a T56 for my car, bye bye 4L60e:-D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Awesome car, whenever i re-paint my car i'm gonna go with a color close to that, Your car was my wallpaper on the laptop for a while lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice numbers, it should fly!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well here you go, the scales were still broke so no weight yet. Yes this is all motor, the nitrous is not even on the car yet...

The car was moving around a lot on the big end on the second pass I let out around the 1000' area. I only made 2 passes, I have a few things we are going to change on the tune and I will be back again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbHirDVYe00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuGfX4FbRgQ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts