Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What plates are you all liking with the vic jr for the ls1? I can't find many people on the internet that use a plate with this intake. With what I have found, the zex and NX plates seem to be popular. Thoughts, opinions, and suggestions please.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Id call Induction Solutions. Any plate on that intake should be flow tested. With the distribution that intake has, Id strongly suggest a direct port system.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A fogger would definitely be the best solution, but it's just what we're lookin with this vehicle. It's just a driver that I have fun with on the weekend. Was hoping I could find a little more info on these things. Maybe there's a reason we can't lol

I have seen some with spray bars in the intake itself, but not really much info on them.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
The NX plate works really well from what I have been told

Tim

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have done several NOS plates on those intakes and they worked fine. I also used a NX hitman on one. They all worked good. But never went over 200 with any.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I have used the nos cross hair, wilson, zex, Nx and our machined in spray bars. It really depends on the power level, class you are racing in, and fitments.

How much are you looking to spray through it? Are you restricted by any class rules?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nitro Dave I was actually going to call you tomorrow. I have one of your plates for my stock intake now and it works great. We have a. 073 jet it now and everything looks real good. We're wanting to spray a good bit more to it though so I bought a Vic Jr. Just trying to figuring out which way to go now

·
Registered
989 Posts
kinda needs to be single bar. other than that no restrictions. its mainly a street beater!!! and he isnt scared 2 run a big jet

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha yeah I ain't no bitch when it comes to putting a jet in it

I don't really have any restrictions, since its pretty much just a street beater but it would be nice If we could find a good single entry plate/spray bar setup so I could play around in out local series here

·
Registered
595 Posts
I used an Edelbrock Victor Jr. on my 6.0 with a preformer rpm plate. 250 thru it with no problems. Never hurt a plug or the motor.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have any of you that used the plates with spray bars dry fired them the intake before using? Only reason I ask is because we put a big shot plate on mine and the 4 corners didn't see much if any nitrous. However, we turned it sideways(instead of front to back)and distribution looked 50 times better. Of course we realize its not the best way to test things, but kind of sent us back to the drawing board

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
That's why I personaly think our machined in and flow matched spray bars are hard to beat. We machine the spray bars into the intake. We typically set them up for 50-300 hp how ever we can set them up to spray more.

As for bolt on plates you deffintly need to watch the four corners on that intake. Firing the plate on the intake is a must. I have used a mix of different plates that are out there. I have my likes and dislikes about a bunch of different ones. I like to concider the power level and usuage before making a suggestion. One thing for sure is that due to some of the shitty quality control and cheap production some of these companies are pushing out you better fore sure check the plate out very well before bolting it on and giving it a try.

Dave

·
Registered
868 Posts
We used a Speedtec plate on ours and converted the fuel jet to high base fuel pressure. We had EGTs on each cylinder and the distribution was not the greatest but better then our previous plate. We had a BS3 so we put fuel where it was needed and that was that. We had our EGTs within 100 degrees of each other spraying with an 89 pill.

Never acted up on us one time. It was very consistent and went a best of [email protected] on a basic 10:1 408 with 241 heads.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's why I personaly think our machined in and flow matched spray bars are hard to beat. We machine the spray bars into the intake. We typically set them up for 50-300 hp how ever we can set them up to spray more.
and how much do these machined in bars cost on a super victor?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts