Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
It only has one retard on it that pulls when you hit the kit. You can use your map to take the timming out on the first kit and then use the retard to pull the second when you hit it. Thats what i plan to do when it add the sec kit to mine.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
how big a shot are you running?

thats stout for a cam only combo. also, can I ask what cam?

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's running pretty good. How do all the plugs look for distribution using the plate? I had a similar setup last year and been building a new LS motor for a while now.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If u don't mind PM me were your timming is at on motor. I have a stock cube motor also
29 deg on motor. and pulling 14. needed a colder plug. if you are running stock heads like we are the only nitrous plug i could find is a 7993ngk. i would have your heads machined to axcept a washer style plug not tappered like stock

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thats a projected tip plug. I think you will have better luck with a ngk1085. I don't know why NGK doesn't make colder tapered seat plugs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I understand two kits but the problem with second retard box is how would you piggy back it to the 6010 box, this is my car that he is mentioning. And the problem we are having is the 6010 only pulls 15 degrees and to get the time right on nitrous we are having to bring motor timing to 28 and the car is struggling to run on this motor timing.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I understand two kits but the problem with second retard box is how would you piggy back it to the 6010 box, this is my car that he is mentioning. And the problem we are having is the 6010 only pulls 15 degrees and to get the time right on nitrous we are having to bring motor timing to 28 and the car is struggling to run on this motor timing.
is there room to clean the engine tune up with less timing on motor?

·
Registered
414 Posts
i dont know i dont worry about motor timing it has nothing to do with nitrous. when we had a 150hp on it we had 30 motor timing and pulling 5 on nitrous . went 6.30.
Thats what i have on mine is a 61 jet (about 140 shot) and pulling 7*. In another week or 2 going to up the kit on it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What do your cars weight? I am running the same setup in a S10 at 2800lbs. Only made 2 passes on a 61 jet so far running 6.68-6.69 both passes have problem with WOT switch activation. Motor timing at 34 pulling 10. On 93oct. I just wanted to be conservative. I have since upgraded fuel system and next time out will be tuning on a 73 jet. Suppose to be around 180-190 in my ede plate.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
34* is alot for an LS motor.
Most run 28* range for motor timing.
The heads are alot more efficent than a traditional SB so you dont need alot of timing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts