Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to start my project of installing a LS1 into my 2002 mustang Gt and am wondering if anyone makes a k-member for this swap? Has anyone done this swap that can guide me? i am trying to purchase a LQ4 long block at the moment.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i bought the long block today for $600, its a LQ4 with 317 heads. its at the machine shop already so im gonna pick out some pistons and rods to handle about 750-800 boosted hp. :party

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
well i bought the long block today for $600, its a LQ4 with 317 heads. its at the machine shop already so im gonna pick out some pistons and rods to handle about 750-800 boosted hp. :party
Sounds like you're off to a good start. Post some progress updates as you get farther along.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah my best friend is also gonna give me his stock intake off his LS2 goat. hes the one helping me with everything including fabrication

·
Registered
972 Posts
its a fun swap. i put a 98 LS1 in my 93 mustang.

Aje makes a Kmember and Kooks makes headers for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking at doing the same swap curious about headers...
is the engine compartment nearly the same in the SN95s and the fox bodies? Havent found any engine shots of this swap in the 1994-2004 mustangs been primarly fox body mustangs.. the one build i seen in a 2000-2001 i think he ran a turbo setup so had custom made headers. any info please help.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
SBF's and LSx's have the same exhaust runner spacing.. get some longtubes for a 351 into a mustang cut off the flanges and weld some LSx flanges on them.. for a kmember the stock 4.6 kmember works just fine.. you just have to use 03cobra motor mounts and either modufy them slightly or put a metal plate between the mount and the block.. either of which are cake to do..

you can put the stock f body radiator up front and use stock f body radiator hoses.. and all your parts are readily available at any autoparts store..

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts