Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What flywheel do I need to mate a 200r4 to a ls1? I have a mini starter also and will it work? Thanks TC

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
on the 6.0 trucks with a 4l80 they have a cranskahft spacer and dished flywheel. This will bring the flywheel to a standard SBC hiehgt no adapters need on the converter or transmission.

any 2001 + 6.0 2500 4x4 GM truck with 4l80e transmission. you can get these at the dealer.

What flywheel do I need to mate a 200r4 to a ls1? I have a mini starter also and will it work? Thanks TC

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the 6.0 trucks with a 4l80 they have a cranskahft spacer and dished flywheel. This will bring the flywheel to a standard SBC hiehgt no adapters need on the converter or transmission.

any 2001 + 6.0 2500 4x4 GM truck with 4l80e transmission. you can get these at the dealer.
Thanks TC

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
TCI makes an SFI flexplate if you plan to race the car alot.

Pro stock--are TCI the only ones that make a sfi flexplate for the ls style engines-

in the process of looking for one as i am going to start racing a lot soon-

Whats the going cost for the flex plate-

Thanks

Nick--

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Hughes also makes one, I've had one in my car for 2 years with no problems at all. SFI approved, relaitvly inexpensive, and a Th350/400/glide will blot right up with it, I suspect a 200R4 would as well.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
The '98 flexplates have both bolt patterns.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Seen one on ebay a lil bit ago both bolt patterns and it was like $85 shipped. and it was an sfi.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts