Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues when running soild roller cam and high spring pressues on a LS1?

Ive been told they are prone to spinning cam bearings with high high spring rates, this engine will have 250 seat 800 open.

It has been suggested to "Pin" the cam bearings, but not sure if this is really needed

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ran that setup. 250# on the seats 780# open. Cam was .730" lift. Stick shift shifting at 8000 had no troubles with cam bearings. Only ran one season and some street duty. Went FI.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I have cam bearings move on my LS2 block twice.

First time Ive no idea why, it was built by a reputable shop and only ran for about 4000 miles and most very easy miles. I was just lucky I took the engine apart to change the cam that I spotted no1 bearing had almost fallen out !
Oil pressure had dropped slightly, but not enough that I had been concerned.

Second time round the issue was my fault for fitting them myself. No big cams were used.

I had a new set fitted properly, and I drilled/pinned the bearings in using small grub screws.

2,3,4 were easy drilling through the valley. No1 and 5, I used a small Desoutter 90degree air drill and drilled through bearing and into the block and then used a cut down tap to thread the hole for the grub screw.

The damn bearings wont be moving anywhere now !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts