Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thats made the change wish they didnt? Always been a sbf guy but im wanting efi and not a 4k block. Just looking for insight.

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Only regret I have was not doing it sooner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bad question I wish mine was done already

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I think it depends on what your doing. For the more "basic" stuff, I'd say your ahead building an LSx motor. If your trying to run X275/ODR or something more extreme, the aftermarket parts are expensive. A Bigblock may be cheaper at that point. For the guy wanting an 8/9/10 second car, the LSx is cheaper. Im building one right now. Stock LQ4, lil john cam, holley hi ram, holley hp efi, turbo with flipped truck manifolds. Its going in a fox hatch (I know everyone has already done it).

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what i want hear. My car is a street car. Just hurt my sbf and am wanting efi. Figured with selling everything i have should almost cover $$$ just looking to use stick stuff. Any things to look for or stay away from?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
6.0 LQ4 out of an 04+ truck would be perfect. That way you get the stronger gen IV rods.
Agreed. Most people say 5.3 for the street, i look at it as why not spend a lil more for something you can have more power out of if you want it later. Put some rod bolts/head studs in if you plan on staying stock bottom end

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tony somewhere how your cars runs. Mid 5s. I hurt 2 pistons last year and split my svo block this year. So its chance another stock sbf or a dart. I dont have your luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Agreed. Most people say 5.3 for the street, i look at it as why not spend a lil more for something you can have more power out of if you want it later. Put some rod bolts/head studs in if you plan on staying stock bottom end
I couldn't pass up my 6.0 for $500. Had a 5.3 but never got it running. That 5.3 is now in a Mustang with a GT45 ebay turbo and made 640 rwhp through a TH400.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts