Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about swapping over to a LS motor and was curious if it is worth the extra money? Right now I am running a 383 in the mid 11's that is fairly mild. Id like to throw some nitrous at the LS motor if I decide to go that way. What kind of times could I expect with a fairly mild LS build? The LS motor would be in a 94 Camaro. What kind of build problems would I run into compared to a Gen I build? Ive never been around LS blocks. Is it possible to run into the mid 9's with a fairly cheap/mild LS build?

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
Dollar for dollar its worth it. If theres nothing wrong with your current engine, then its tough to justify, but if its a fresh start, then yah, I'd go LSX.

·
Registered
16,438 Posts
get a real car like my k20 honda hatch 647.2 hp to the wheels
Hows about you take your Vtec ass to the newbie thread phuckstick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dollar for dollar its worth it. If theres nothing wrong with your current engine, then its tough to justify, but if its a fresh start, then yah, I'd go LSX.
There is nothing wrong with the motor I have but I am starting a new project that I had originally planned to use the 383 but I have stumbled across a ls block and thought it would be fun to build one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The block that I am looking at is an LS1 block, is there a difference between a LSX block and a LS1 block? Or when you refer to LSX are you talking the broad range of LS motors. I know that LSX blocks that you buy are aluminum but I dont have that kind of dough so its gonna have to be a cast iron LS block

·
Registered
462 Posts
LSX is in refernce to the broad range. However all the new after market LS blocks are modeled or stamped LSX weather it be aluminum or cast iron. If you have a cast iron version you might have the LQ4 or LQ9 block wich is compatable with all the LS aluminum parts, because all LS1's are aluminum. I say build it if you got the money. My stock bottom end, heads & cam 2000ss camaro went 11.70's/120mph @ 3500lbs with a 6 speed. 10.50's/131mph on a 150 hit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
dude u dont get it my honda pulls more hoes than a snoop dog video and ls motors make less tq than my honda

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dude u dont get it my honda pulls more hoes than a snoop dog video and ls motors make less tq than my honda
DUDE, dont you get it. I dont want a fuckin POS honda or any other foreign POS. If thats what I wanted then I would have asked about building it, but since I dont go ahead and step on out since you dont have a decent answer to the question I posted.

·
Registered
243 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts