Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a jy 5.3 with 241 heads and ls9 head gaskets. Every time I start it I get a good puddle of water that trickles out of the dump pipe until it warms up and turns to steam. It tastes, looks, and smells like water so im thinking condensation? I am running a bt carb and e85 also, is this anything to be concerned about? Thanks

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
think about the combustion products of Ethanol....

If youre not losing cooling system water, what else could it be?

1 gal of ethanol burned gives off about 1/3 gal of water.... a longer cold exhaust path and the water will definately condense out.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn I knew ethanol had water in it never thought it would be that much. We figured that was likely the case but my exhaust is not long at all, forward manis into a turbo then roughly 2ft of 5". No milkshake oil either.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
On.my sbc I run cometics and had issues.retorqued heads and went away.I would fill one cylinder up only after it cooled down.never smoke or showed it on plugs after a run.I would check your plugs after it sits and see if one is wet.the. you know there the cylinder leaking and now time to figure out why

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Its the e85, youll have water coming out the exhaust Everytime you start it.

Totally common, mine did the same thing

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Ha yeah mine dumped what seemed like a gallon out of the short ass down pipe after first fire (prolly not not much) e85 is crazy and it does it now just on cold starts once heat in combustion it's all gone

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yep same here on first startup with e85, get a nice wet spot going lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts