Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
51 Posts
I used an $8.00 pump sprayer from Wal Mart, took the nozzle of & hooked it to the oil pressure sending port using a short rubber hose & 2 clamps. 5 minutes later I had oil at all the rockers.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have you considered an oil accumulator of some kind?

CVR Oil Accumulator
or
Canton Accusump

They're a lot more than $8.00 but you can set them up as a pre-oiler and as a reserve of oil in case oil pressure drops too low from big wheelies or hard cornering. I am looking to run the CVR unit in my time attack car and my Camaro. IMHO, it's cheap insurance for those who can't afford to run a full dry sump setup.

Reactions: SMJr

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just turned mine over with the the ignition off and no fuel in the car. Took a minute but zero issues if you used lube when assembling.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you considered an oil accumulator of some kind?

CVR Oil Accumulator
or
Canton Accusump

They're a lot more than $8.00 but you can set them up as a pre-oiler and as a reserve of oil in case oil pressure drops too low from big wheelies or hard cornering. I am looking to run the CVR unit in my time attack car and my Camaro. IMHO, it's cheap insurance for those who can't afford to run a full dry sump setup.
I want to try this application without one first and see what the oil pressure does. I have one on my other dragster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used a Cheap drill pump, a couple garden hose barbed adapters and some clear hose. Hooked my contraption to the driver front side of the block in a oil galley. (16mm thread ) One end in the block and the other in a bucket under the oil pan drain plug. Make sense?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I want to try this application without one first and see what the oil pressure does. I have one on my other dragster.
So I guess you have considered an accumulator. :) Do you mind me asking how you like the accumulator you have on your dragster?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Last one me and my buddies did, we packed the oil pump with grease and it made oil pressure very quickly on the starter.

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I guess you have considered an accumulator. :) Do you mind me asking how you like the accumulator you have on your dragster?
I have the larger moroso one. Has been on the car for 15 years trouble free and supplying oil nicely in the shut down. It has earned a thumbs up from me!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I bought an ebay preluber supposedly for an LS1 and then had to buy a few adpater fittings to make it work on my LS2. Have about $200 in it. Not sorry, it works very good. Have heard there are youtube videos of making one from some Harbor Freight $20 crap and working the same.

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
I always pack the pump with trans assemb. grease, works great-you can always pull the front plug, pour a little oil in to the pump just before fireup, works also.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If you prelube anywhere I'd make sure you only feed the front driver port, so everything is filtered
I actually use some clear plastic atv fuel filters w/ built in barbs inline on the feed hose. I had to do a lot of cleanng on the tank before I used it. The clear filter gives you piece of mind that nothing is going in but clean oil.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I use a Peterson remote oil filter with built in spur gear pre-lube pump. I mounted it on the little tank I fabricated which also has a good fitting lid so it stays clean between uses. Just cap the line and its ready for use in a few seconds. Their pre-lube setups are nice to leave on the car if it is something that may go weeks or months between uses.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts