Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building a high compression N/A Ls with milled aftermarket heads (53cc chambers) cam is 27X/29X at .050 with over .800 lift so don't have much of a choice. Bought a combustion chamber mold kit and a mockup piston to measure the piston to valve clearance. Narrowed my choices choices down to Diamond or Wiseco. Is one really better then the other?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Diamond is faster in most cases and you can get single replacements if you need to. Not having to buy 4 when you need one or two. They are both great company's to work with.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Also see how heavy they are. I know my new Wiseco pistons were heavier than my old Diamond pistons. My custom Wiseco's took 7 weeks to get.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Narrowed my choices choices down to Diamond or Wiseco. Is one really better then the other?
Better as in design or quality? I'd say "no" in my opinion. How quick you get them is all in who you are or who you know............just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Wiseco and Diamond are both great but I like Diamond a little better for really crazy customs since they can do a lot of stuff the others don't seem to want to do as much. It all depends on who you use but the really all out pistons Diamond has done for us are simply awesome. I use Wiseco a ton as well but since Brian Nutter is on another area for them I use Diamond for customns a little more although I still do Wiseco on many pistons as well that I know they have good forgings for etc.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies and some of you brought up points that I never considered. Lead time is something important at this point. I know Wiseco has a 4 piston minimum order. I guess I'll call Diamond and ask them also. Didn't consider RaceTec maybe I'll give them a call also.

·
Diamond Pistons Rep
4,400 Posts
Once we have built a set of pistons and have the engineering finished, we offer a one piston - no problem service that no one else in the industry offers. We are currently 15 business days on lead time for custom pistons. Give either Nick or I a call at the shop and we will be able to get you want you need.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Once we have built a set of pistons and have the engineering finished, we offer a one piston - no problem service that no one else in the industry offers. We are currently 15 business days on lead time for custom pistons. Give either Nick or I a call at the shop and we will be able to get you want you need.
I sent my chamber mold in last week. I have them on order through Nick. They should be in on 1-5-12. Thanks for the response.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts