Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at building a LS3 boost. How do the alum. blocks hold up and cranks how much boost we talking on the ls engines?? What kind of upgrades should I make here? Its stock now removed from 05 corvette looking at maybe single turbo application 94mm to 118mm

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could use some help not on the up and up with LS stuff yet. what about these stock heads they look like they would work great would like to make around 1000hp

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
No and no. Thin decks on the head castings, and factory alum block on a 94mm turbo is asking for headaches. The LS2 blocks I think are little cleaner castings, but still wouldnt use anything other than an iron block

·
Registered
957 Posts
An 05 has an LS2... I ran LS3 heads and block, but the heads are way too thin for the power level you are trying to achieve. Trust me. I tried. Ended up in the wall after running [email protected].

·
Registered
998 Posts
1k wheel or 1k flywheel?
94mm---118mm is a huge jump in size and both prob to big

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
DohBoyTBSS on here beats the shit out of his 4300lb Trailblazer SS.

Stock LS3 block (no fill, no girdle), GM L92 heads (no o-rings, no fire rings, just gaskets), twin 76's. He's been 9.03 @ 152 mph @ 4300lbs.

And draggin' a bumper too.

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well first thing is first I was asking because I dont know.. If I knew I wouldnt be asking. I will not go forward with a combo that is crap.. I will sell this engine to someone maybe would make a street/strip engine. And yes this damn thing is a ls2. Thanks guys for the insight..

·
Get you some
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So its not crap. What about a carburated nitrous app. If I was to bump up crompression and reuse the crank and rods?? Would that hold together here? I have not set anything in stone just want to build a LS engine. Something to mess with after 10.5 car is done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The stock crank can take alot. You need to invest in good rods/bolts, and pistons though.
There are alot of rods that will live in the 900-1000hp range for around $600.00

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The aluminum block isnt an issue. SEveral people ahve gone VERY fast with it. Those heads will be like everyone said, an issue.
I believe stock aluminum ls2 block has made near 1800hp for "nutcase" on here.
it went 8.0 I think. And split the case or something. If it was moving around like that, Im sure there was just a LITTLE power given up, and sure iron would make more and survive better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts