Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple combo that my wife and kids helped build. Been a fun project for family.
1988 fox
6.0 sbe ly6
823 heads btr valve spring kit
summit stage 2 turbo cam
750 qf blow thru carb
vs racing 78/75 next gen 18/19 psi
th400 fti converter
275/60/15 radials
Adding a few pounds of boost and c16 this weekend and hoping for 8s

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Another cool turbo combo. Considering what is invested (not saying it doesn't cost money) that is pretty remarkable time. To run that in that weight of car without the turbo would take a serious n/a engine or a decent n/a with significant spray. And the thing seems reasonably quiet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another cool turbo combo. Considering what is invested (not saying it doesn't cost money) that is pretty remarkable time. To run that in that weight of car without the turbo would take a serious n/a engine or a decent n/a with significant spray. And the thing seems reasonably quiet!
She is not very loud. Exhaust is coming thru hood. I also have the ls turbo manifolds made by holley. People said they will not be good enough beyond high 9s.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
She is not very loud. Exhaust is coming thru hood. I also have the ls turbo manifolds made by holley. People said they will not be good enough beyond high 9s.
If it is the ones I have seen, they may even say hooker on them. I can't imagine those being a bottleneck at all. I have 1-5/8" primaries on my headers, and I'm not even positive they are a bottleneck.

·
Registered
19,495 Posts
Pretty much the same engine setup as in my truck, except I run FI.
I use a log manifold sim to Holleys, except the turbo sits on the manifold.
I have about 1000 lbs more weight though, lol. Your 8 sec pass is coming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She did not hit 8s. went 9.0 but i am sure lil 78/75 is out of gas. got vs racing 85mm in the mail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any estimates on power i will pick up going from 78/75 next gen to s485 vs racing billet with 1.32 housing?

·
Registered
16,086 Posts
I run those same manifolds on my 5.3/S480 combo. At 3400# on C16 (23.5#) I've been 8.74 @ 151. They will make 1000+ for fun. There's a little left (maybe 100 hp) in my combo as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts