Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy wanting to trade me a 6.0 short block thats needs rebuilt or a ls1 complete in pieces for a brand nitrous works adjustable plate kit for a lt1. which one would you go for the ls1 or the 6.0

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Well it depends on your goals and what all he is throwing in..... is the LS1 pristine or does it all need machining?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nothing about these engines. I'm a mopar guy. I have a brand new in the box nitrous kit that I bought from a co-worker to help him out. I'm trying to sell it. and this guy wants to trade for the kit. the LS 1 he said was all there but in pieces. if I do this it will be for a future turbo project possibly.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If your looking for a "future" turbo build, I would get more info on the 6.0-

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Future turbo build.... is this for a class? Or for a street car? 6.0 will add weight, but cubic inches. LS1 is aluminum block and can make rediculous power if necessary.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
sub 8 sec passes? uummmm, you better go with the 6.0. I don't know what your Cuda weighs, but I had a friend with a Challenger and it weighed like 3800 with an aluminum headed 440.

But keep in mind to make "sub 8 sec." passes, you better use a good aftermarket rotating assembly and some pretty decent heads. I don't know what your nitrous kit is worth, but basically you'd only be using the 6.0l block and I think those are pretty cheap and easy to come by, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not really wanting any of these parts but if they are worth what the nitrous kit is I might trade. besides I already have a 440 in the cuda but it's hard to find good parts for it without spending a arm and a leg. and the Cuda should be light around 3000lbs or less when finished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts