Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some pictures from Labor Day Weekend at Da Grove our '57 Chevy and a couple of our customers.
Our customers ran way better than us.
Pete The Greek with the McCamis Camaro with a new 680" Bullet on 2 soft stages went [email protected] with a 1.08 60'...On his first weekend back out with the car this year. Should make its way into the mid 6's the next time out...1 more stage of speedtech nitrous is still sitting there.

And the new '63 Vette Pro-Mod we've made a total of about 15 hits on now, Ricks really getting the hang of it. Its been a best of .963 60',(thanks to Stroupe Race Cars) consistently in the .980 range though... And we gave him a little more tune-up and it went [email protected] This is a simple 526 inch BBC with Dart 360's and a BDS 8:71, it only makes about 20psi... It should make its way in the 6's this weekend.

Our '57 Chevy is making the power, Its gone 204 this year 6.98 is our best so far... Labor day weekend we couldn't get it to go straight. But we believe we have solved that problem and should know more this weekend.

And our ATI POWERGLIDE is holding up great thanks to Jim down at ATI!

Thanks for looking guys and gals.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Heres some pictures from Labor Day Weekend at Da Grove our '57 Chevy and a couple of our customers.
Our customers ran way better than us.
Pete The Greek with the McCamis Camaro with a new 680" Bullet on 2 soft stages went [email protected] with a 1.08 60'...On his first weekend back out with the car this year. Should make its way into the mid 6's the next time out...1 more stage of speedtech nitrous is still sitting there.

And the new '63 Vette Pro-Mod we've made a total of about 15 hits on now, Ricks really getting the hang of it. Its been a best of .963 60',(thanks to Stroupe Race Cars) consistently in the .980 range though... And we gave him a little more tune-up and it went [email protected] This is a simple 526 inch BBC with Dart 360's and a BDS 8:71, it only makes about 20psi... It should make its way in the 6's this weekend.

Our '57 Chevy is making the power, Its gone 204 this year 6.98 is our best so far... Labor day weekend we couldn't get it to go straight. But we believe we have solved that problem and should know more this weekend.

And our ATI POWERGLIDE is holding up great thanks to Jim down at ATI!

Thanks for looking guys and gals.
awesome pics...all the cars are beautiful! cant wait to see Rick go in 6's!

love the pic of fuel sprayin out of the shitbox

looks like 57 is smackin that tire down pretty hard

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome pics...all the cars are beautiful! cant wait to see Rick go in 6's!

love the pic of fuel sprayin out of the shitbox

looks like 57 is smackin that tire down pretty hard
Yea it hits the tires hard, we just need it to go straight when it gets off the wheelie bars.
Hopefully ours will be leaving like your top fueler this weekend!:supz:

·
Registered
400 Posts
No one else has anything to say on this very opinionated website?
hey little Rodent, I hope that all goes well with all of your projects,,, we have also changed a few things for this weekend and hope we can give you a little something ELSE to think about,, We will be watching for that sub 7 sec pass this weekend,,, We will NEVER stop trying to build a better mouse trap!!!! lmao!!! :supz: . Maybe the next time we go at it I won't shift in to neutral!!!! (how bout my .002 bulb??????) hope to hear from u soon

the opinionated troublemaker

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry jerry jerry, you will never build a big enough mouse trap for me.
Your .002 was great, what was better was my dad sitting till you get to the 60' and still running you down peddling it 4 times.

I think a better idea would be trying to go for Ricks Vette, if you can get by him then you can move back onto the '57.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Jerry jerry jerry, you will never build a big enough mouse trap for me.
Your .002 was great, what was better was my dad sitting till you get to the 60' and still running you down peddling it 4 times.

I think a better idea would be trying to go for Ricks Vette, if you can get by him then you can move back onto the '57.
alot of things went bad for us last nite..(thursday) don,t know if were gonna make it????:confused:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think your bluffing? I call your bluff is what I mean...
The smiley face guy was just cuz it looks cool.
NO< NO< NO,, first we pull the heap out of the trailer only to find we split ou junk converter in half on that 44 run,,, when that happened we checked the thrust on the crank and it was phucken gone.... snuck one in.. put the pan on,, found number six intake spring broken,,, while putting the springs on I loosesend the fogger on the one side and guess what happened when I went to put the intake spring on??? (hint.. always take the goddamn jets out)) after now removing the oil pan and finding it sitting right in the middle... john kicked the oil pan to the corner and said "I ain't putting this phucken thing on yill the valves are lashed and the covers are on"... thank god cause about fifteen minutes later we drop a kepper in the valley after another hour of spinning and blowing my wife finds on the floor about fifteen feet from the car.....now the zoo really begins,, now the converter dont fit so its friday cars at home,,, no pan converter on the floor and still no slepp for the third week now!!!!! time for some boonsfarm!!!

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NO< NO< NO,, first we pull the heap out of the trailer only to find we split ou junk converter in half on that 44 run,,, when that happened we checked the thrust on the crank and it was phucken gone.... snuck one in.. put the pan on,, found number six intake spring broken,,, while putting the springs on I loosesend the fogger on the one side and guess what happened when I went to put the intake spring on??? (hint.. always take the goddamn jets out)) after now removing the oil pan and finding it sitting right in the middle... john kicked the oil pan to the corner and said "I ain't putting this phucken thing on yill the valves are lashed and the covers are on"... thank god cause about fifteen minutes later we drop a kepper in the valley after another hour of spinning and blowing my wife finds on the floor about fifteen feet from the car.....now the zoo really begins,, now the converter dont fit so its friday cars at home,,, no pan converter on the floor and still no slepp for the third week now!!!!! time for some boonsfarm!!!
OH MAN! Thats no good....
Tell me about the sleep thing though, i've been at the shop every night till midnight or later for the past almost 2 weeks now working on my new car...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Steve, the pics are awesome!!

So as I'm reading down the posts, I think KEWL, I've got my first pairing.... Konstatos vs Roden

Then I scroll down and see Jerry's > SHIT!!! That's not good!

OK GREEK!!! I WANT TO KEEP MY PAIRING!! THERE'S YOUR INCENTIVE TO ONCE AGAIN STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND GIT R DONE!
I'LL BRING THE BOONES FARM. DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT THAT.
If you need anything Jerry- call me

Chuck, I can't wait to see Studezilla run tomorrow!

I'll be at the track by 8am. You can all feel free to call me for a weather update, before you head out.708-268-0554 If, God forbid, we have to call it due to rain, I don't want anyone making that long trip for nothing. I've already got my parking figured out, so you will all have a space waiting for you. Our first round is at 4.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Steve, the pics are awesome!!

So as I'm reading down the posts, I think KEWL, I've got my first pairing.... Konstatos vs Roden

Then I scroll down and see Jerry's > SHIT!!! That's not good!

OK GREEK!!! I WANT TO KEEP MY PAIRING!! THERE'S YOUR INCENTIVE TO ONCE AGAIN STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND GIT R DONE!
I'LL BRING THE BOONES FARM. DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT THAT.
If you need anything Jerry- call me

Chuck, I can't wait to see Studezilla run tomorrow!

I'll be at the track by 8am. You can all feel free to call me for a weather update, before you head out.708-268-0554 If, God forbid, we have to call it due to rain, I don't want anyone making that long trip for nothing. I've already got my parking figured out, so you will all have a space waiting for you. Our first round is at 4.
Hi Lynne
of course we will be there, barring race called for rain...sorry to hear about probs for other guys...

will call you in am if ok
Chuck

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Chuck, you can call me anytime. I'll be up by 5am.

Ok then Steve, >Konstatos vs Blaisdell, (will this make the revenge not so bad, LOL!!)

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Jerry, I see you're on. Is everything ready for tomorrow??
Blaisdell is the white 63 vette.

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Gimme a call when u get a chance. I'll be up for awhile :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts