Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people are running low to mid 8s in the 1/4 with a lq9 or 4 bolt?

What's does it take to build a lq9 to run these times. Please be specific.

Need help with the build!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just spend a few hours perusing threads. Tons of info here. You could always just send a blank check to Billy, Kurt, Erik, or Sean and they will build you a motor to get you there.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It would also help to know if you are talking NA, blown, turbo, or nitrous. What kind of car, car weight, and transmission for starters.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Why don't you want a six bolt block?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
wormboy did it years ago.. 396 with afr heads.. pinned caps, 1/2 studs, and filled block.. they were running a 91/98.. it took them a while to get it to live.. i think the main problem was the caps not being pinned.. i'm sure they had the block o-ringed, but now a days the double o-ring is the way to go..

·
Duct Tape and WD-40
3,755 Posts
370 inches, 88mm here. gotta be atleast 3250 for a class, gonna see how light we can get it though... gonna find out this year what it will go. i don't think 8.70's or maybe even a .60 is totally outta the question at around 3100 or so

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Brian K. went 7.99 with an ls2 block, b4 bolt heads. right around 3500 lbs

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Any info in his build? is he on the forum?

goes by Nutcase on here and Fireball on LS1Tech

it was a 366'' ls2 with a Callies Magnum crank,GRP alum rods,Je piston, ETP 225 heads and a solid roller cam. Had a 98mm turbo. I think it would have went faster with a 94. It came up on power too slow.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts