Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have access to a LQ4 piston right now where they can take a measurement for me? I'm wanting to know the depth of the piston dish on a LQ4 piston. I know it's roughly a 6cc dish but what I'm wanting to know is from the top of the piston to the bottom of the piston dish, how deep is the dish? If someone could measure that for me, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm just trying to figure out on paper some PTV measurements. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
483 Posts
also around .050 or so from what i can tell on my shortblock, either way when I flycut the pistons on a LQ4 motor the valve reliefs went into the raised portion on the piston regardless, so you'd have to base your measurement off the top of the piston not the dished part

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also around .050 or so from what i can tell on my shortblock, either way when I flycut the pistons on a LQ4 motor the valve reliefs went into the raised portion on the piston regardless, so you'd have to base your measurement off the top of the piston not the dished part

With what size valve were you having to flycut and how far into the ridge? The head in question has a 2.08" intake valve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts