Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my alt driverside low. anybody have any luck with this? 71 nova with stock subframe. where to buy? bbc engine. thamks.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
i just made my own used my lwp pulley used steel tube for the spacer and used a turnbuckle from jegs standard mount kit to the motor plate tab on the frame but this is with all solid mounts you could do the same maybe get a longer turnbuckle to reach the head i'll take pics when i get home. and this fit my subframe in a 68 camaro

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Powermaster snug mount kit 8-882 fits perfect and works perfect.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
this is what i did it's a sb but i'd imagine the bb has a bolt hole you could use, and it's all spare parts just needs a little paint

·
Registered
140 Posts

Here's our kit, and a photo of it mocked up in my '68 camaro on a BBC. We can do a 4 or 6-rib micro-v-belt setup, a v-belt setup, or even ship the kit with no pulleys. All stainless fasteners are always included in our kits. The alternator it's designed for is the Delco CS130D, shown is a 4th gen f-body version. Others are not a problem, either. No deflection, no slippage, no vibration, and mega-rpm capable. PM for details!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
thats awesome do you have a setup for sbc

·
Registered
140 Posts
Glad you like it! I can easily tune these patterns to make an sbc kit, with an aluminum brace to pickup the top front motor mount bolt so a basic tripod would support the alternator. SBCs really miss that third accessory mounting boss the big-blocks have. You could use your CS130, or use the "D" model too. Give me a PM or call to discuss, anytime!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts