Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get low car ramps to drive on in the pits so I can get a jack under the front of the car? I like the Pitpal ones since they have a recess so the car cannot roll forward or backward. However, Jegs and Summit are out of stock. I need them for the weekend.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My car is very low so I got some little ramps from Rick Jones that are plastic, they only raise the car over an inch but it gives me enough height for the jack.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just need to get up a couple inches to get a jack under? Lowe's sells 2x6's and 2x8's all day. Spend that money on fuel instead of high dollar ramps.

·
T/S 368E
33,857 Posts

I know I might sound cheap or hillbilly, but $100-200, for a piece of plastic.
I have plenty of 2x10's laying around.
Nobody has a lower front end than me, and they work fine. (I run my nose illegal)
I even made up a nice pair, with an angle cut, and a small stop screwed on.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I use the 67" long, 10" high two piece race ramps. I can drive the car up and slide the back half of the ramp out. Works perfect for me.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I used a 2x6 and put a couple of coats of the undercoating out of a can on both sides and people ask me where did I get the ramps from, you would never guess that they are wood. Easy to touch up and very inexpensive.

·
T/S 368E
33,857 Posts

Now I feel better, I'm not the only cheap skate.
Those fancy plastic ones look nice, but as mentioned, that's dough I can use for fuel or ??
Plus for my car, the 1 1/2" is exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts

Now I feel better, I'm not the only cheap skate.
Those fancy plastic ones look nice, but as mentioned, that's dough I can use for fuel or ??
Plus for my car, the 1 1/2" is exactly what I needed.

Can you post some pictures,im confused about the set screw part.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
T/S 368E
33,857 Posts

I'll be at my shop tomorrow if we don't float away tonight, and try and take a photo.
I don't know what you mean by set screw,
it's just a piece of wood with a smaller piece on top for a stop.

We trust you Frank, you're too world famous to jerk someone around for a couple of bucks.

Hope the new toy is coming around & will be out soon!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts