Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are alot of brutally fast and high dollar cars here but let's see some that were built at home on a budget. so post some pictures and a little info.
here's mine

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
Diggin those mags man!

69 dart. 440-727-8.75, disc brake swap, blah blah all for well under 3k

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
always did like those Darts.

mines a 64 Comet
9" rear with 4.11s and Lincoln disk
MII front suspension
PA super comp C4
fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumpers

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
always did like those Darts.

mines a 64 Comet
9" rear with 4.11s and Lincoln disk
MII front suspension
PA super comp C4
fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumpers
Badass, but your missing two front lugnuts;)

·
U.S. Navy Retired
4,800 Posts
Low buck compared to what I wished it had, lol! Car's been in my family since before I was born, so the car itself was of no cost to me. I got lucky. :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
heres my very cheap old, and slow car. its a 72 ventura with a 350 bored .040 over (given to me from a trans shop that used to be an engine shop and it was left behind).
its got a comp cams XE274 cam, old 461 heads that have been worked over (donated from the old man). a msd 6al (traded for some work),
jegster header-back exhaust, a 700r4 with the torque converter clutch eliminated (just got my new 3000 stall in yesterday so it will be getting installed soon), and 4.11 gears (soon to be 4.56's that were donated).
i got the car for 800 bucks off of an elderly lady who was the origional owner, still had the 307 2 barrel, and th350 in it when i bought it. ive rebuilt the front end, and have everything to the car myself.
with the converter thats sill in the car (only 1800 stall) it ran a 13.34 best last time out, and definitely has more in it. just doing things to it when i can.
heres a pic

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
there are alot of brutally fast and high dollar cars here but let's see some that were built at home on a budget. so post some pictures and a little info.
here's mine
LOL
When I was in my teens, all of my cars were black primer!
Love the look :cool:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
I wish i was still in my teens and it will be painted to look good. I'll be doing it myself just to save money for other parts though.
Nothing wrong with that and you will appreciate the car more :smt023

·
Registered
649 Posts
Started with a $500 1983 Mustang GT.
545" BBF (roller cam, TFS heads)
C6 rmvb w/ brake
4000 converter
8.8 3.90 gears
Maximum motorsports 6 pt bar
QA1 k member
UPR rear LCA's
Salad shooters... lmao

It's pretty low buck. Many of the parts were used and most of the new stuff is second hand.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
I'm probably close to 10k in mine, and the 408 will push that closer to 15k. I have an 86 Mustang that I am building on a budget. I've got 2k in the body, motor, trans, and 8.8 rear so far. The body work is done but it still needs paint. My cousin will paint it, I just buy the materials. He has some gray paint for it already and it would be free, but I kinda want to paint it black. I'm trying to find as many used parts for it as possible and build a nice driver out of it.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

I had about $800 into this one. Ran 14s with a stock 307 in the quarter mile and kept girls even further away than that.

Did really good stoplight to stoplight, that's where it was the most fun. That, and off road :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well its not something I race but it qualifies as low buck.

My malibu cruiser....I traded two cars to my buddy for this thing in running condition. Since then we've traded junk back and forth creating it's current inbred creation.....very little money spent.

It has a unknown mileage 400 pontiac with an xe262 cam, headers with flowmasters, sloppy shifting 2004r, disc brakes up front and an 8.2 3.08 posi out back.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
I'm probably close to 10k in mine, and the 408 will push that closer to 15k. I have an 86 Mustang that I am building on a budget. I've got 2k in the body, motor, trans, and 8.8 rear so far. The body work is done but it still needs paint. My cousin will paint it, I just buy the materials. He has some gray paint for it already and it would be free, but I kinda want to paint it black. I'm trying to find as many used parts for it as possible and build a nice driver out of it.
Yea ,now I remember..any updates??

I would do very bad things for the OP's car.

Before I die, going to get one..........

·
The Grouch
3,102 Posts
This nova was built in my garage. I have about 20g in it.

we did all the work in house and saved a tone of cash!!

1 - 20 of 150 Posts