Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went on the dyno yesterday and with an old school procharger d3m only saw 13lbs of boost at 7200rpm
73 crank cog, 50 tooth blower with a setup of 4.44
works out to 46,673 blower rpm where procharger says its max is 56,000 rpm with a 2900 cfm
its a small 347 ford stroker with trick flow r heads running c16 and around 20 degrees timing 575 rwhp it worked out too
its also got 2 vortech mondo blow off valves

I think I have a boost leak or blower problem, this blower should be well into the 20lbs of boost I would think

I will be going back to the dyno with a 46 tooth blower pulley and maybe a little more rpm 7400 to 7600
7600 rpm and the 46 tooth works out 53500 rpm blower speed

how can I cheak if there is a boost leak or problem prior to the dyno tomorrow?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it is a custom unit I forget specs but something like .670 left on exhaust with 255 degrees at .050
and its got a sheetmetal air to air intercooler from procharger
It had low iat on the dyno so the intercooler is working good

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well off to the dyno again today, changed the pulley to a 46 and found the vortech mondo blow off valve was missing the o ring seal(wonder how much was lost there?), and at the same time I screwed in the bolt 1 full turn

·
Registered
961 Posts
Updates? I still think somethin is up with the bov's . I initially thought cam, but of it's a blower cam, it must be ok. Was it degreed in? Too bad we didn't video it I even had a camera in the desk!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the cam was degreed in by ken murray, looking for boost leaks and see nothing so far, will take stuff apart tomorrow, Im starting to think its the blower, but didnt think the thing could wear out but who knows,
I mean its probably losing 10 psi of boost right now with the pulley combo/rpm

·
Registered
70 Posts
borrow a smoker.....cap the ends off and run the smoke threw all your tubing and intercooler,and start looking for a leak...........ask your mechanic if he has one...lots of shops have these machines to find vacuum leaks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts