Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 400 coan with a 4500 conv. with a brake. I was having trouble getting the car to go into neutral. I thought the shifter was out of adjustment, so I adjusted it. Still no neutral. I took the shifter lever off and shifted it by hand still no neutral. I started the car in neutral (on stands) and the wheels start turning. Is it possible to lose neutral??
I'm A motor guy so I'm lost on this one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got a 400 coan with a 4500 conv. with a brake. I was having trouble getting the car to go into neutral. I thought the shifter was out of adjustment, so I adjusted it. Still no neutral. I took the shifter lever off and shifted it by hand still no neutral. I started the car in neutral (on stands) and the wheels start turning. Is it possible to lose neutral??
I'm A motor guy so I'm lost on this one.
Sounds like damage to the forward clutch.

·
Super Moderator
19,972 Posts
If the car is on the ground and in neutral , will it drive ahead normally? On jack stands in neutral , the resistance of the clutch's will make the wheels turn in just about any transmission.
What does the car do in reverse?

Hutch

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the car is on the ground and in neutral , will it drive ahead normally? On jack stands in neutral , the resistance of the clutch's will make the wheels turn in just about any transmission.
What does the car do in reverse?

Hutch
On the ground it does the same thing. On stands it will go from 1st to reverse and it bangs when it shifts, thats what made me think it was still in gear.
I pulled the pan and it smells a little cooked.
Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The think that bothers me is, if its hurt it only has about 45 passes on it and there all not real hard passes. It never seemed to get hot either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.