Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to put my dog to sleep Sat. Found out early last week he had a tumor on his throat. I come home from work Fri. afternoon to find my house looks like a crime scene. Apparently he somehow ruptured an artery in the pad of his elbow. Blood was squirting out. We fought it all night. Just when we thought it stopped, he would roll over and it would start again. We had to make the decision that we shouldn't do anything heroic since he also had a tumor and didn't have long anyway. Tough day.

I could write a country song. My dog died and my wife told me "we are done". Next my truck won't start or something.

Jeff

·
POLK High Bitch.....
5,325 Posts
Sounds like a tough deal........sorry about your dog

·
SPEL CHECK
3,612 Posts
sorry bud , our pets become family . we had a odie too. funny she would come every time called , so mom tried to spell her name one time so the dog would not come , lol O D , get it ? will ease with time

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry bud , our pets become family . we had a odie too. funny she would come every time called , so mom tried to spell her name one time so the dog would not come , lol O D , get it ? will ease with time
Thanks man. His real name was Zeke. I never liked it though. It's a long story about how he got the name Odie, but it was fitting. We took him in as an orphan when he was 9 months old. He already had the name Zeke. He was sleeping outside in below zero weather and was scared of his dog house. He had a pretty good life after that. He was almost 12. Pretty old for a Mastiff.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
sorry to hear that, :(

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
Sorry for your loss dude .

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. We have a boxer also. Another orphan we took in. He spent all day yesterday looking for his buddy. Inside and outside. Poor guy.

·
SPEL CHECK
3,612 Posts
Thanks man. His real name was Zeke. I never liked it though. It's a long story about how he got the name Odie, but it was fitting. We took him in as an orphan when he was 9 months old. He already had the name Zeke. He was sleeping outside in below zero weather and was scared of his dog house. He had a pretty good life after that. He was almost 12. Pretty old for a Mastiff.

cool , yea we found a lab @ the dump , took him a year or so to trust a man , we think he was beatin. now he loves us & trust us , some time still gets scared of me & when i approach him he bows his head down , i tell him its ok & pick his head up then he is ready to play etc....

·
having fun
31,325 Posts
very sorry to hear this man--ive only had my little girl a few months now-and cant imagine life without her

r.i.p odie/zeke

1 - 20 of 31 Posts