Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran my car last Thursday thru Sunday for the first time this year. Over the winter I had my converter made spragless and that was the only "change" made. Other work was done but none of that SHOULD have changed the performance. SHOULD is the ticket there......LOL. Two different tracks, both well prepped, in decent air, new tires, and I have alot of past data from both tracks. So the car is a dog now and won't sixty ft like it was. It would go 1.20 last year, now 1.24. Stall is the same, converter man says the spragless can't slow down the sixty ft. So my question is, Can going spragless hurt the sixty or not? Everything else seems fine but if you guys agree with my converter man, I got to start digging for a problem. The car was deadly consistant, I qualified #1 but used alot of NOS to do it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I switched to a spragless for the consistancy and (longevity??). I did loose .02 or so in the sixty but it is a xerox machine.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I switched to a spragless for the consistancy and (longevity??). I did loose .02 or so in the sixty but it is a xerox machine.
So you went from a spag to a spragless converter with no other changes, same stall and stuff, and lost .02 in the sixty? My car was incredibly consistant before so that's not changed but it is slower.

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
What was the original rationale in making the converter spragless?
Also, FWIW, I've heard that spragless is better for 1/8, and sprag is more suited for 1/4

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was the original rationale in making the converter spragless?
Also, FWIW, I've heard that spragless is better for 1/8, and sprag is more suited for 1/4
The sprag was broken and my converter guy said at my present HP level I would see no difference in ET and would have one less part to fail. I asked several friends who had gone spragless and they all said they saw no difference so I went for it too. It may not be the converter, maybe something else. That is why I asked the origional question.

·
Super Moderator
19,349 Posts
I would keep looking , I have never seen that make a difference unless some clearances were altered in the converter while the changes were made. I doubt that happened.

Hutch

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Hutch, I will be checking everything I can think of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts