Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my plans have changed for my SBC/700r Datsun 280 Z. I would like to put a higher stall converter in, and have no need for the lockup. Honestly, I don't think I've even put in 4th.

If I unplug it, and put a non lockup converter in, Is it good to go? Or do I need to go deeper to make the switch ? Thanks.

·
Registered
256 Posts
have a billet 9 1/2" converter fresh lockup isn't working can have clutch remove from it and would have a nice piece had PTC, Coan, and freakshow all try to fix lockup $1000 converter will sale cheap

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK so I'm an idiot. I put the damn car back together, saving the Transgo 7-ccv kit for last. And the instructions say I have to pull a check valve out of the input shaft. Does this have to be done? What happens if I don't?
I'm half tempted to pull the trans anyways, since it doesn't perform as I want it to, but I would like to get the motor broke in first. Is this check ball going to kill it?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes you need to remove the ball/capsule from the front of the input shaft and remove the small o-ring from the tip of the input.

Trans should be fine if by breaking in your motor means not driving the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts