Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I race a RED w/fab 9" and strange center section. Last winter I went to change the gear lube. I drained maybe 4-6 ounces out of it and thats all there was!!
I purchased two qts of Redline lightweight oil and put them in the rear end. Now, after every race day I have to wipe up gear lube that has blown out of the vent. I tried the factory type vent and also a brass type stone filtered vent. same problem with both.
Why is it blowing out? nobody elses does. I have looked at several other RED's and all have the vent in the same location.

I am certain this is what happened before, it blew out until it pretty much had not much left in it. What do I do to fix it?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would recommend running 3 quarts of 80-90W Non-Synthetic Oil. Also with the vent, put a 2' rubber hose straight up off of the vent fitting and run it up into the frame with a couple of loops.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
RED stand for Rear Engine Dragster guys... lol

I have my vent in the tube with no problems. In fact it is a open barbed fitting with no hose on it. I think maybe the fluid your running is to light I would try a normal gear oil and see if you have the same problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.