Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 6.0 with custom grind cam and a 100 basiclly. Problem im having is im losing fuel pressure somehow and need some ideas of what to check. I have an idea of the problem but not exactly sure. Took it to the dyno and N/A i dropped from 54psi to 49psi. On spray it took a crap and dropped to 18psi and had a nitrous backfire. We figured it wouldnt make the pull and sure enough.

I had the exact same setup earlier in the year and nothing has changed and it dynod fine before. The only thing i can think of is previously a line inside the tank burst and i lost fuel pressure. There are two walbro 255 HV pumps in tank and one activates when the spray is armed. I replaced the burst line however what i didnt realize is i bought fuel injector hose but it wasnt rated to be submersed in fuel only to flow through it.

Could the lines be messing up again? the reason im stumpped is b/c the car is still drivining fine. I also have a hotwire kit so to the pumps so there is no voltage drop to them. Is there anything else u guys can think to check?

·
Registered
49,442 Posts
Drop the tank and get looking.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good thing is i dont need to drop the tank, cut a trap door the first time i did it. I can check that but anyway to tell if ur regulator is going bad? isnt stock pressure 58psi at the rail?

·
Registered
9 Posts
good thing is i dont need to drop the tank, cut a trap door the first time i did it. I can check that but anyway to tell if ur regulator is going bad? isnt stock pressure 58psi at the rail?

correct stock pressure is 58 at the rail, you can turn the key on, the pump will pressure up, without turning the ingnition over turn it off real quick, see how far or fast the pressure drops, this will more then likely tell you that you have a bad hose or a bad pressure regulator.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
i almost blew mine up on the dyno. lost 20psi of pressure around 5500rpm. changed the fuel filter and all is well

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
correct stock pressure is 58 at the rail, you can turn the key on, the pump will pressure up, without turning the ingnition over turn it off real quick, see how far or fast the pressure drops, this will more then likely tell you that you have a bad hose or a bad pressure regulator.
it only made 54psi on the dyno cycling the key fwd and bled off fairly quick. When i went to put the adapter on the rail between the solenoid to check fuel pressure there wasnt even any fuel that came out of the rail when i took the line off. I knew then there was an issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Walbro was leaking in the tank. That plastic hose they give you to run from the pump to the top hat is garbage. Why does no one make a billet top hat for these tanks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts