Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chupa Cabra
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all is currently running or has run looped trans cooler lines on a turbo car?

Power glide trans, race only 1/8th mile with some 1/4 mile racing. 1300hp at the crank expected from the combination.

Is this a bad idea or something that is commonly done?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I now Keith Neal runs a big power turbo car with no cooler. But, you gotta remember.....he builds transmissions for a living.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
^^^*KNOW*^^^ not now.

·
Super Moderator
19,708 Posts
If your spool time is minimal , then it should make the run without overheating but be sure to let the car run after the pass to stabilize temps and cool between rounds with a remote cooling unit.

Hutch

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Anymore with converter charge technology vs converter construction vs power to weight and temp management after the pass.... I see no reason to pack the extra weight! ANd I have advocated ice bath Chiseled Performance transmission coolers in the past.

Today, if you were to have called me with your question here I would have asked you very detailed questions regarding your combination. The key is converter efficiency.

g

·
Chupa Cabra
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
9.5" PTC converter specified specifically for the combination. So say it takes me 2-4 seconds to get on the chip, is that good enough?

Car will be towed to the lanes and back.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just going to run a small cooler. I plan on going air to water one day and I'll just put a ice water trans box in it then.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17,452 Posts
The only way to really tell is put a gage on it and see what the temperature gets to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts