Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the wheelie.

Besides the SYA bars being replaced and some kiss marks on the headers we have some parts to replace.
We were going to go to a track rental today when we spotted this.

Which one do you think is new one and the old A Arm :)

Has anyone else done this?

Looking the car over some more. Going to have the wheels balanced and car realigned.

The video of the wheelie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntiFo8UM2zw&feature=player_embedded

Might make another attempt next week to the track or it will be after SEMA.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
Quick pedal it before it rips the bumper off GEEZ ! LOL !

The more times you have to do it the faster you get at it. trust me.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
And we put some AFCO double adj. on it from Madman this year and they really seem to help with the wheelies.
Helps it not wheelie and if it does it comes down alot softer.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick pedal it before it rips the bumper off GEEZ ! LOL !

The more times you have to do it the faster you get at it. trust me.
I did pedal it. If i didnt it would have been way worse. This is a stick car so it is harder to pedal.
Afcos are a winter project and wheelie bars.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Screw afcos.... Santuffs are the only way to go.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
I did pedal it. If i didnt it would have been way worse. This is a stick car so it is harder to pedal.
Afcos are a winter project and wheelie bars.
Just saying you have to pedal it before there are sparks shooting off the chute mount I assume.

When the track disappears pedal it, dont wait until your looking at your nuts.

Just friendly advise from someone who has done to many wheelies.... they arent fun anymore. LOL !

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
damn wheel stands are cool, but fuck up your shit, good luck getting it sorted out and running strong

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know it happens so fast. All i cared about is i didnt smash everything and break the oil pan and dump the oil out. I drove it back to the pits. Even took it to a car show. On and off the trailer. Didnt know it was bad till we checked it out yesterday.
Wheelies are fun when you dont break stuff.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
You know it happens so fast. All i cared about is i didnt smash everything and break the oil pan and dump the oil out. I drove it back to the pits. Even took it to a car show. On and off the trailer. Didnt know it was bad till we checked it out yesterday.
Wheelies are fun when you dont break stuff.
Happens REALLY fast the 1st time.

Like I said the more it happens to you the better you will be at catching it.

1st time I did it it broke the oil pan and the trans case. LOL !

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Baller !!

Well I still got junk ass QA1's... plan to damn near re-do the entire front end over the winter.

Nice thing with the santuffs is theyre already limited to 3" of travel... the QA1s have over 5"

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Here is the wheelie.

Besides the SYA bars being replaced and some kiss marks on the headers we have some parts to replace.
We were going to go to a track rental today when we spotted this.

I'll offer some advice:

Put the stock upper back on. I's lighter than most of the aftermarket stuff and we have slammed a couple of cars numerous times while chasing the suspensions back in the day. We cracked blocks, smashed headers, broke shit, tore up shit, jarred some rectums...................but never ever bent a stock upper control arm.

[edit] Sorry to see.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have travel limiters. I dont know how tight they are set but i do not pop up on the launch like an auto does. i do come up but the car keeps going up as the tires spin. The track just hooked on me. I have to pull some clutch out.

This isnt my first wheelie like this. This one caught me off guard though. The car is light in front. Everything front of the shock towers has been cutout and lighten up. So i think i may need some weight in the front.

Over the winter wheelie bars are going on, getting the car scaled and afcos are going to replace the QA1s.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Over the winter wheelie bars are going on...
I wouldn't advise that. You tune for the bars, you marry the bars. Some races you might want to take part in later on won't allow the use of the bars and then you're standing out in left field somewhere. The addition of the bars will be a major set back to getting your suspension tuned the way it needs to be.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
And we put some AFCO double adj. on it from Madman this year and they really seem to help with the wheelies.
Helps it not wheelie and if it does it comes down alot softer.

Just FYI.

I did the same last winter, made a huge difference. This year biggest wheelie was only about 2-3 ft off the ground and it only happened once.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts