Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering what my best options would be. My best so far is [email protected] id like to be closer to 125

Im Running a real basic 355 right now

Procharger F1A turning about 65k (i see about 25psi)
8.3 comp
comp solid roller blower cam 12-704-8 255/265 @.050 .575 lift 114 lsa straight up
afr195 heads
team g intake
quick fuel 750 blowthrough with a procharger pro hat
on c12 and meth
total timing ends up at about 17* total

The upgrades ive been thinking about is
sending the blower to get upgraded to a f1c
putting in an a2w intercooler
spinning the blower faster
swapping to a super victor intake
or a combination of a few of these things
I should also mention i will be switching to c16

what would i see the most out of...i only plan on running this motor for one more season so i dont want to buy things twice ie cam etc. if i can help it

Thanks guys

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'm just a beginner at this stuff, but how about running it on c-16 and turning the timing up a little?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You got bunches of power in timing. Timing is way low.
timing was way low... but thats as much as it would handle on c12 with an afr of around 11.0 but the plugs looked really good

also as others have mentioned my heads a definitely choking my motor if its showing 25psi and only spinning the blower 65k...but i dont really want to change them until i build another motor.

This is making me think upgrading the blower or spinning it faster wont help a whole lot.

but what about an air to water to get denser air in the motor. my charge temps are way up there without the meth around 240*+ with the meth it shows about 130-150* this was when it was around 70* outside

·
Registered
775 Posts
I agree the heads are a bit small. c16 will allow you to run more timing non intercooled. Seems like Ive heard c12 is not a good fuel for forced induction. But dont quote me on that.
C16 and an A/W on most setups run will into the 30s for timing on a SBC at that boost level.

I suggest you give Steve Morris' shop a call. Talk with Ryan or Steve and get their opinion on this. They wont steer you wrong.
Good luck.

·
Registered
832 Posts
timing was way low... but thats as much as it would handle on c12 with an afr of around 11.0 but the plugs looked really good

also as others have mentioned my heads a definitely choking my motor if its showing 25psi and only spinning the blower 65k...but i dont really want to change them until i build another motor.

This is making me think upgrading the blower or spinning it faster wont help a whole lot.

but what about an air to water to get denser air in the motor. my charge temps are way up there without the meth around 240*+ with the meth it shows about 130-150* this was when it was around 70* outside

Just curious how you knew that is all the timing it would handle? Seems way low to me too but I don't run near that much boost.

Are you looking for a 5 second e.t. or 125 mph? If you want a 5 second slip I think you are making plenty of power to get there. I run 6.10 at only 114ish so your 117 should get you there. What is your 60'?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just curious how you knew that is all the timing it would handle? Seems way low to me too but I don't run near that much boost.
ive run with 32 locked and was down to 105 mph... the more timing i pulled the faster it got. it seems to like it the best pulling .6* per lb i start pulling timing at 10psi.... if i take away fuel it slows down too. im pretty sure its just not liking the c12 and the heat from the blower....

Are you looking for a 5 second e.t. or 125 mph? If you want a 5 second slip I think you are making plenty of power to get there. I run 6.10 at only 114ish so your 117 should get you there. What is your 60'?
yea i wanted that 5 second slip this year real bad but i was fighting the tune all year and since im putting a new cage in it would be nice to pickup what ever i can before i build a better matched motor

my 60' was 1.38 leaving at 2200rpm off the brake... im still trying to get these radials to work too

·
Registered
88 Posts
Maybe your ignition is weak. I have a similar engine but a 406 and dart 215, same cam and f1r blowthru. My timing is locked on 35 on e85, no intercooler. 25psi. When I run it #30 it won't hardly run at all. I run MSD digital 7, engine looks like new inside. Opel Kadett Caravan 1973 5.38-132mph.8.27-163mph. Best regards Mats Sweden.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe your ignition is weak. I have a similar engine but a 406 and dart 215, same cam and f1r blowthru. My timing is locked on 35 on e85, no intercooler. 25psi. When I run it #30 it won't hardly run at all. I run MSD digital 7, engine looks like new inside. Opel Kadett Caravan 1973 5.38-132mph.8.27-163mph. Best regards Mats Sweden.
very possible it only a mallory 685 box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts